Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Beautiful day and little garden surprise

It was so foggy last night but a beautiful morning. I don't know about you, but I am itching to get in the garden. I am so desperate that I wouldn't even mind raking out the frog pond. It is a bit too wet to attempt any garden work at this time but I did take another walk through and found these little snowdrops peeking their little heads up.

Garden life will continue...I have proof!!!! This time of year I love reading about the first signs of Spring from fellow bloggers...and yes,I admit that sometimes when I am wishing and hoping for signs of plant life and read about blooms appearing elsewhere I do feel envious. This "garden envy" is what boosts our spirits and get us revved up to put in long hours of cleanup,transplanting,hauling, etc. Before we know it the garden is in shape, plants are blooming, days are warm and sunny and we have nothing to do but grab a seat in the garden and enjoy the show moving only to swat a bug or drink tea or lemonade. Can life get any better? I think not.

I have been daydreaming lately of swinging on the front porch with a project in hand and Angell nestled beside me. I can't think of a more pleasurable way to spend a morning,afternoon or evening. It is so true that the simplest things in life are indeed best. Although I have many projects to keep a small town busy, I know they will fall into place and get done as needed. If not, they must not have been too important right? No frets this year, after all, I am determined to celebrate my entire 50th year on this earth as a dear friend recently suggested :-)

I hope you are all having a sensational day!

6 comments:

  1. smile ~ I just came in from taking all the leaves out of my little pond ;)
    Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent most of the day in the garden too - hard work - but so rewarding. Now I have showered, had tea, and have my feet up and doing a bit of surfing - and yes, it's great visiting others blogs and not just for gardening.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still had a layer of snow on the ground today. The sun came out this morning and melted most of the snow however clouds have come in and threat of more snow tonight. My blooming daffodils are so confused. Their little blossoms get mired in the mud and then they struggle to face upward and then they get beaten back down. Hardy and beautiful little souls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. There's still at least two feet of snow on top of our snowdrops. Nice to see a picture of what will come though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fog strolled in around 8pm --- was awful to drive thru

    Glad it was gone this am --- I have so much snow out here, no desire to garden just yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was out ther poking about and seeing what the winter had wrought!! At one point during our worst snow, dh drove the jeep off the drive and into one of the perrenial beds. I tried to shut the image out at the time, hoping that the snow would cushion everything. I did find some bulbs that had gotten shoved about but not too much damage!!! Any sign of the primroses that I sent you last year???? I divided a couple fo clumps today and was thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!