Saturday, February 06, 2010

Enjoying time with friends

Thursday day was spent in the company of three fun friends. Laney, Becky ,and Karen. We headed to Michigan to the bead and fabric shop. The gals have been wanting to check out the goods at Trade Winds and Lemon Creek for over a year now so we planned a trip when all could attend.
We first stopped at a funky resale shop in Benton Harbor where I found some pretty teapots and corked jars for the studio, and a shell necklace all for $8.00.
 
  
There were a lot of neat shells on that necklace! I love the blue ones and can see them in an under the sea project.

Then we stopped at Trade Wind Beads in Watervliet (my fav shop). 

My buds!

My beads!

Next stop.....and Antique mall. I saw two beautiful old thread storage cabinets that I would have loved.........if I were rich! Instead I found treasures to pacify me. A neat shabby wire basket, a small mirrored dresser tray, and a china thingy with Victorian women images that I put  a glass dome on. 
 
The girls browsing for treasures.


Our next stop was in Berrien Springs at the Lemon Creek Fabric shop. They sell upholstery fabrics and some designer for home dec, not clothing.  I found a few new fabrics, beads,metallic lace and beaded vintage applique for my stash.

 Karen found  fabric for some pillows for her redecorating project. (Did I say decorate???)
 
We stopped at Panera for lunch and a home dec fabric shop on the way home. What a fun filled day spent kicking around with friends. I was exhausted and fell in my comfy chair and put my feet up. Thanks for a great day girls!

3 comments:

  1. Pat, looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the tea pots!!! I'm going to have to find an antique mall around here, there was one but it closed down, will have to find another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a fun day with friends and found some treasures. We all need a good gal pal day. Keep creating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pat those blue shells...be still my heart.So you like Paneras too. Yum Asian chicken salad!!!! I love what you got from Lilla. You both are so talented. The tea pot is lovely too. Someday I shall fly in to just go shopping with you!LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!