Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not a lot going on

This morning ths sun was shining and I decided to make a treat. Remember these?

Good ole rice krispy treats. I remember running in the house after school and grabbing one or two before my brothers devoured them. They are a comfort food to me and I rarely make them. These won't last long, and yes I did eat one and put one away for later :-)
Thank you for the nice comments on my last pics shared. Many thought the kitchen floor was black & white, but it is actually green to match the counters. (match? me?)


 

 Guess who was snoring while I melted marshmallows?
 
She must have a deviated septum, man can she snore!


 As I may have mentioned, I am working on a CQ wall hanging for a client. It is pretty large and she wanted some of her family needlework projects incorporated within the piece. It will be a bright spring piece for her wall.


 I hope to be finished very soon. I know she is anxious to hang it. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do yet. I had hoped it would be finished by now but.................


 I have one more commission CQ to do and then I am on hiatus until a dye class in May. I have lots of planning to do for the 2011 Pink House retreat. I am looking forward to every detail.

Tomorrow mom wants to see "Legion". I think I will treat her to lunch at "Olive Garden" first. Yes, we are going to see that weird movie with the old lady crawling on the ceiling. I told you I grew up watching scary, gory movies, thanks to mom. This one looks like it will have its share of gross shots. Oh boy! Oh well, what else is there to do on a wintry day in Indiana? Besides, Jilly stopped by today and saw me frazzled and drained and agreed I needed a break.

I'm off to grab an ice water and stitch a bit more tonight. Have a great evening.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the memory with the rice krispie treats! My mother used to make them using peanut butter and no marshmellows. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to the rice crispy treats! Now I can see your floor is green and white. I still like it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids LOVE Rice Crispy treats. They sent 2 days in a row making and eating them. They sure do go fast.

    What a neat CQ. What a special piece to have needlework from her family.

    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last Friday my DS and I went to Olive Garden before seeing The Book of Eli. It was very good! Isn't it great to have that kind of bond/friendship? Enjoy and give us a review.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!