Thursday, December 03, 2009

Still kicking!

The past few days have been spent creating....(sneak peek)



....and today I spent it with mom. We went shopping and found ourselves at the theater watching  "The Blind Side". We both loved it. It was really a good movie and I would recommend it.


Yesterday a friend called to ask if I wanted some old rusty rod iron railing. I said yes, rust is in! I picked it up last night and can't wait until spring to arrange it in the garden. It has little finials on each section and could really be a cute backdrop for climbing flowers such as morning glory.

Detox is going smoothly. I will be ending it a day early because I am spending Saturday with my friend Laney and I'm not carrying broth and an ultra shake with me.:-) I will behave though.We never eat bad greasy things when we are out. I'm not really wanting sweets which is good. I feel good, energetic and overall healthy. I had a little headache but that is the only negative symptom but that could be from sewing a lot. Sandy has been very encouraging and I appreciate that. It is nice to exchange thoughts with one who has been through it. I will do this again.

I may put up the Christmas tree tomorrow. I have to decide where to put it now that I have added the dining table to the front room. It will all work out some how I'm sure.

I am tired from shopping with mom, so I think it is bubble bath time.

7 comments:

  1. From the sounds of it, you're back to feeling much better after your miserable bout with the cold. Am so glad, it had a hold of you for quite a while.
    The Blind Side has been getting lots of publicity with Sandra Bullock highly visible. I do like her movies.
    A good day with your Mom, what more could a gal ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear you are feeling well and that you are sticking with the detox. Shopping with mom sounds like a great way to spend the day. Stay well and keep creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just thinking of detoxing but am too busy to concentrate with all the Xmas planning. Nice to hear it's working for you,you will have lots more energy for your crafts. Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pat, You sound so much better and glad to hear the detox has had a good effect.. Did I mention before that my gramma use to give us sulphur and molasses to detox us !! It was horrible!! but just a dose or two thank goodness... Here's the definition FYI...Sulfur and blackstrap molasses is a centuries-old homemade remedy. The mixture of one teaspoon of sulfur and two teaspoons of molasses was believed to prevent health problems and to serve as a universal remedy. It is best known as the "spring tonic," which was taken to cleanse the blood after the long period of inactivity during the long, cold winter months.
    haha
    Isn't that a hoot!!
    anyway glad you had a nice day out with your Mom and a movie. My friend saw it and said she enjoyed it.
    I love movies but DH doesn't unless I drag him!! haha
    Gotta go for now..
    Will be anxious to see your latest sewing project. The hint looks wonderful!!
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad detox is going well and that you have some support while you are going through it. It definitely helps.

    It sounds like it was a fun time with your mom today. I'm sure she enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colors of your sneek peek, cant wait to see what you have been creating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear, dear Pat! I am just writing you a little note to let you know I am thinking about you. I have not forgotten about our exchange and will not leave you stranded! I would've written this in an email, trouble is, I've forgotten which one is yours. So, if you don't mind sending me another email I'll write back and let you in on what's been going on with me.
    Love,
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!