Friday, October 23, 2009

Staying busy and waiting impatiently

For as much patience I have for needlework, I sure have NONE when it comes to waiting for  Dr. appointments. I have cleaned everything in sight this week. Angell thinks I have gone mad :-)
This is an example of how my mind works, for those who care.......While doing laundry I found these three items in the dryer. A green leaf stick pin, pink and green ribbon flower and a pink glass flower bead.


 I have to start emptying my pockets after stitching!!! As I was returning them to the studio I was inspired to create something using those colors. So...... I gathered some fabrics....

 ............................................and  started another clutch. I will take this project with me today as we wait.


 This week I also took the opportunity to work on a surprise past due gift for a dear friend which I hope to send off next week....whew! She is a CHARMing artistic woman who inspires many. The image of the little artist was perfect for her I think. It should have been finished months ago and I have no idea why I have been dragging my feet on this. Perhaps not knowing her for very long has me cautious???? I don't know, I just hope she enjoys it.


I've found it hard to concentrate on one thing this week so crazy quilting has been the perfect venue. So many ways to embellish one item keeps my interest, even if my interest is on several projects.
When I have no time for the internet, you can't drag me away, but this week I found it next to impossible to turn on the computer. Why is that? I did check emails and reply to a few and I found Ellen had posted a very flattering review on her blog which I am humbled and honored to receive. Gosh, thanks Ellen!

The leaves are turning now and the rain we were hit with last night and today made for a beautiful golden landscape on my way to the store this morning. I wish I had taken my camera. I was driving through golden tunnels. I just had to stop the car on my way home when there wasn't traffic and take in the beauty. It was magical , everything so bright as if the leaves above and all around were glowing. Autumn ranks up there with sunrises and sunsets in my book. Wonderful gifts of nature.
These pictures are of  the trees along the creek at my home.


They were taken three days ago, now they are all golden and many have fallen from the hard rain. It is a beautiful rainy day, that's for sure.

 I only have one lonely little pumpkin this year, but he is among pretty mums, so he is fine with it! :-)




Three hours until we hear the  results.  If I had fingernails I would bite them.  Oh how time seems to stand still at the wrong moments. I will find my spot among you all in a day or so...promise.
I hope you are having a colorful and creative day!

11 comments:

  1. Why is that? Because you focus when you're writing for us, and your mind was in too many places to do that this week. My hopes for peace and good news are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that phonecall will bring good news, Pat. We are in Chicago and you're right it has been rainy. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up after being away for a few weeks.

    I know how difficult it is to wait on medical results. I do hope and pray that the word will be good for you.

    Please know you are in our thoughts as you fumble around trying to busy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By now you should have heard results and I can only pray that all news is good news and that your DH will be just fine in no time. Your CQ is so beautiful and amazing. Your work is very inspirational. I love your green and pink colors that are awaiting formation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yowser! Love the new clutch and can't wait to see it all. My colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat,

    I haven't visited in a while, so wasn't aware of the doctor appointments. They do wear on your nerves! I do hope that you get good news.

    Green and pink are probably my favorite color combination. You continue to inspire with your gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat - your work is just amazingly beautiful! It's such a stress waiting for medical results. Will continue to keep you both in my prayers. Love all your beautiful photos!!! And the cq work is just awesome! Marva

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had you in my thoughts all week. Waiting is so cruel. But I just know all will turn out ok. I send you sunshine and prayers. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on tenderhooks too - and you were in my thoughts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't been keeping up with my blog hopping and didn't know you were facing medical problems. My prayers and warm thoughts are headed your way. Take care,
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!