Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Winner for the 200th follower......................

This time I put all the names in a basket and DH chose one this morning. The name chosen was "JANE" of World Embroideries blog. Congratulations Jane. I'm sorry I don't know you however I clicked on your blog to get the link and see you are from IL, a neighbor!!!!! I hope you enjoy your brooch. I will need your address so I can mail this out to you.

Thanks to all who entered. I will be having another giveaway for October, another CQ brooch in pinks in remembrance of summer 2009. (Waiting for battery to charge for picture) I will announce it next Thursday on Oct 1st when I announce the winner of my birthday giveaway. By the way, thanks so much for all the birthday wishes and stories you shared. They just made me look forward to a birthday milestone even more :-)

A few pictures of the class room yesterday...I found some neat alphabet rubber stamps at Michael's so I used my coupon!!!! I stamped several words on the painted shelving unit from Jilly just for fun. The two cane seat chairs(one beside shelves) from Karen were painted white with pink cushions.



 They were green, but you know I must match things ;-) This class room was truly built from friendship and love. I hope the students feel comfortable and enjoy their time here. I am getting anxious and nervous...next weekend is the first official class. I am collecting pretty glass beaded knobs for the corner unit......that is why some are missing ;-0


 Jilly and Karen are coming by next Thursday to play with stitches and test it out. That should be fun. It was pleasant to sit and play with Leslie last week. I only wished it were more often.

 I displayed my puzzle pieces and various CQ items along the bottom of the design board  to show students how CQ can be made into anything you use cloth for.


 Time to make breakfast. Have a great weekend and if you go to any yard sales, I hope you find special treasures. Thank you for all the sweet comments and hang in there for another giveaway in Oct!

11 comments:

  1. Pat,
    your room is really shaping up and is just beautiful. It looks like it will inspire your students. I may have to come down for a visit sometime myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Your classroom is absolutely gorgeous. All worth the time and effort you have put into it..... Good luck with your classes, they are surely to be a success and so much fun...
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The classroom is lovely. I would really enjoy being there for a class if I lived closer. Great work will com from there.

    Congratulations to Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take a class in that amazing room!!! It is beautiful! Your students will be amazed and just feel creative walking in!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Teaching Studio transformation is fabulous!! You ahve doen sucha marvelos job- the only problem that I can forsee is that NO ONE WILL WANT TO LEAVE!!!!! What lucky students!! Your classes will be fabulous and be nice to yourself as you work thru the first couple of classes in your wonderful new space. I am soooo jealous of your students!!!!

    Big Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is looking so beautiful! What a fun and exciting place it will be to learn in! Congrats and best wishes on your teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to move in-I like your class room better than my house. Your students will feel love and inspiration there. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The classroom is beautiful can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your classroom is so PRETTY!! What a fabulous space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely room! I wish I was near!!! Congratulations Jane! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sent an e-mail with my address, but I just wanted to say thank you for your generosity.

    We did meet once, for about five minutes, when you came to your first NANI meeting, but there were a lot of people there. I keep hoping you will return so we can renew and deepen our acquaintance.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!