Sunday, September 27, 2009

T I M B E R!

Guess what I'll be helping clean up tomorrow.....




Is that a huge limb or what? I was in my studio when I felt the earth move. I looked out the window, saw nothing and figured it was a fallen tree in the woods. I went downstairs and DH was looking to see if something fell in the class room.....I then spotted leaves coming from the side yard as I stood on the back deck. The poor old Maple has been struck by lightening and rotted the center. With the recent rain and winds from today, it couldn't hold up any longer and down it came. It crushed my Adirondack chairs :-( and my Hydrangea is wiped out but hey, it didn't touch the house or my father's gingerbread. Whew!
A neighbor came by to offer help tomorrow after work when DH and DS will start cutting and hauling. I figure it will be a good workout for me as well.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! that's some tree limb. So glad it didn't hit the house. Don't envy you the cleanup - hope you have pretty weather for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew...is right! Thank heavens it didn't touch the house. I guess the smashed adirondack chairs (as sad as it is) are a small loss compared to major house damage! Poor tree limb...may it rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat~ Poor old tree! Thank goodness you guys and the house didn't get hurt. Hugs, Paulette :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness gracious, that is a huge limb. Thankfully it did not hit the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is one big tree. I am so glad you and the housea nd your DH & DS are ok. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pat, it's so good it didn't hit the house or the classroom! Though I am sorry about te hydrangea and chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a bummer, sure hope the rest of the tree can be saved?? I'm very touched that you and your husband did not get hurt. Miracles indeed! Have a safer week, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it had to come down , it did a great job of placement!! your hydrangea will probably come back after a hard prune. My first thought was "Oh No not the Outdoor Kitchen!!!!!"Are you going to be able to save the rest of the tree? that will certainly change the gardening possibilities in your yard!! Take it easy with all of the lifting and hauling!!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God it didn't hit the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God everyone is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my..reminds me of when the wind sheered off a maple tree in our backyard a few years ago. It came down narrowly missing the neighbours garage and car. It's awfully scary, for sure. Glad noone was anywhere near it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it didn't cause too much damage!! I'm sorry about your beautiful tree-I hope the rest of it is savable. Glad you weren't in the damage zone. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God you and yours are safe and sound, and it did no damage to the house. Enjoy those moments on the front porch, there is nothing like solitude with the sounds of nature singing its lullabye.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!