Tuesday, July 14, 2009

World of white walls are getting to me............music to the rescue!

As some of you know, my Summer is booked with painting rentals for my MIL. One down, three to go. I started the second duplex on Sunday and spent half of yesterday painting the dreadful white walls. I don't think I complain a lot,I hope I don't anyway, but this has got to be the most boring job in the world.
Today I am taking my mp3 with me. DS loaded all of my favorite songs from my i Pod on it a few weeks ago and it has been my best friend. Yesterday before heading off to paint, I decided to take a swim first and floated for a short while. During that time I was listening to my favorite songs and thinking of a dear friend who I am sharing turning 50 with this year. Yes, my mind is constantly wandering to strange thoughts....what can I say? I'm a crazy quilter!

After deciding I was up for the "50" challenge, "bring it on!", I imagined I was attending an outdoor concert with my bud Terri T. Although we've never met, our online correspondence has grown into a genuine friendship that I treasure.
In my daydream we were in Connecticut and Terri brought an Amish quilt for us to sit on during the concert and I brought a picnic. It was terribly crowded but we found a grassy knoll close enough to see the band yet far enough so we could have a pleasant conversation. As we sipped wine and enjoyed fresh cucumber sandwiches, chicken pecan salad and cream puffs with fresh fruit to nibble, we soaked in the beautiful sunshine listening to Keane play one of our favorite songs....."Somewhere only we know".
~~~~*Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?~~~
~~~~I'm getting old and I need something to rely on~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~And if you have a minute why don't we go~~~~~~~~~Somewhere only we know?

Although I am a homebody and flying isn't my favorite way of transportation, I realize I must do something special this year.

I plan on celebrating by treating myself to a trip to Florida with Jill, another friend who turned 50 last month.She invited and I accepted. We plan on vegging out on the beach.......... and stash shopping at bead and fabric shops that Jill knows of. I turn 50 in Sept and will be sitting on a beach in Oct wondering what the fuss is all about.
Life is good...even if you must paint white walls over...and over...and over....

So here's to kindred spirits and turning the big 50 , which really isn't that big.
Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pat..
    I can see where you want to think of something wonderful while those walls must be painted!!! Your plan sounds delightful...Turning 50 is SPECIAL....ENJOY.....
    xoxo
    ))))hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dreams! White !!!! We need to have a chat with your sweet MIL. Hope you finish soon. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turning 50 is a great time for a celebration! Follow your dreams; they sound perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Your new background is fabulous...very you! I love this designer's backgrounds, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet precious thought!
    Talk about making someones day!
    You forgot to mention the part where the entire band could not stop admiring us from a far.
    After the concert ~ they came over and bribed us with Dove bars(the ice cream ones) to come back stage.
    Being respectful of our married status ~ but still so struck by our beauty :)~ they decided to fly us in their jet to Paris and all the major cities on that side of the Pond to buy us glass beads, breathtaking fabrics and a bevy of antique lace and buttons.
    They wanted us to travel with them for the rest of the tour but we were too excited to get home with our stash and start creating!
    ahhhhh ~ thanks for the wonderful daydream dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, Oh what a lovely post. I read this while Keane was playing on your blog. I know the feeling of daydreaming away. How precious. I hope you enjoy your trip. I agree you should do something special this year. Here a birthday wish to all turning 50 this year! Take time to reminisce and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!