Sunday, July 26, 2009

Double duty finds in unexpected places

Don't you love finding stash supplies in unexpected places?
While I was at Joann's last week I ran next door to Sally's beauty supply for shampoo and browsed the nail art area. I discovered tiny flower and heart sequins used to decorate nails. I intend on using them in my crazy quilting. They are very small and flower shaped in pink and purple and red hearts which only takes a seed bead to secure it to a seam treatment or silk ribbon embroidery. Last night I was working on a puzzle piece and used the pink ones. They are cute and add a nice sparkle accent.

DS was updating my laptop programs and as I was waiting, I made another wire nest with three pearls for eggs. I found Joann's has several colors and styles of the glass pearls on sale. They are sold on a long strand for under $2.00 . You can't beat that. When I saw the oval ones, I knew they would be perfect eggs. I wish they would have been available when I made those nest charms a few months ago. These are fun to make. I fell in love with Beth's necklace when Jill and I met her in MI at Trade Wind beads. I bought three blue pearls there which cost more than a whole strand of these. Go figure!

By the way, the book I recently read and was going to share is titled,"Garden of Angels" by Lurlene McDaniel. It was written for teens but the story is for all. It is a bittersweet story and I enjoyed it. Taking place in the 70's, small book with only 272 pages. I found it for 25 cents at a yard sale. The title attracted me.

Today I plan on working all day on puzzle pieces. I had hoped to get them all mailed before Aug. My apologies for those waiting so patiently for me to get my act together. :-0

Next Tuesday and Sunday I had planned on helping at the fair with Lelia. Since mom wants to go on Tuesday, I'm not sure if I will get to go back in the evening, but we'll see. Definitely on Sunday. I'm sure they will need lots of extra hands to take down displays. I am excited to see hand work of all types. I ended up leaving my CQ wall hanging which they promised to lock behind glass doors. I also took a purse and bracelet. I hope there are other crazy quilting there. I always enjoy seeing any type of crazy quilting.

Well, it is a sunny day and I am off to the porch with my CQ puzzle pieces and a load of stash to play with. Have a great day...maybe I'll see you at the county fair!

7 comments:

  1. What fabulous finds Pat!!! i bet that the little sequins were cheaper than at bead stores as well!!! Love your nest charms!
    We are back from our beach trip and I have stopped by your blog for some much needed inspiration! As usual you alwyas fill my inspiration well!!
    Happy stitching!!
    hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    Love that little bird's nest....The pearls are so perfect for it.
    Yes I know about the nail decorations. I even found them at the dollar store! Bonus ..and yes... perfect for the CQ
    xoxo
    ((((hugs_))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find on the little nail things and the little nest and eggs are great. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little nest. I shall be on the lookout for those tiny sequins. Thanks for the tips. Our Sunday and all of next week in the high nineties. So will stain logs early and then hide on the shady porch. Enjoy your day. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only working the fair next sunday. I'll watch exhibits 4-6, help with the sorting & from 8-10 help with the exhibit releasing. We should be ready for a drink!!!

    On tuesday, several stitching friends are meeting at the fair & I would like to spend time with them!!!
    Maybe we will see you & your mom, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh, I love the little bird nest charms. Do you sell those???
    Your stuff is so inspiring.

    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I FINALLY posted some pictures! I want a creative idea of what to do with them. Have you seen any yet?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!