Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catching up on things...

Feeling a bit better but still foggy headed, I am glad it was rainy today so I could catch up on browsing the newest magazine by Somerset, Art Quilting Studio.Beautiful projects, wonderful artists, and among others, I really enjoyed the article on the Pink Artists and was surprised and delighted that my little part of the block party quilt was mentioned. That was a fun and unexpected treat.

From the beginning, I loved the whole idea for this project by Monica , from collecting squares for the doll dress, to combining squares into the block party art quilt, and knew I just had to be a part of this project, and will continue to help in any way I can. If you get a chance, check it out, and join in if you have some time.You can help spread the word just by putting a beautiful button on your blog designed by the multi-talented "Art Tea Life" (another of my heroes).

The magazine is available now at Banes & Nobles, and If you like fabric, needle & thread, I'm sure it won't dissappoint you. The images are as colorful and inspiring as the stories behind the projects. Great job Somerset staff and thank you for yet another beautiful magazine for us dreamers whose souls and muses you nourish.

Speaking of "Pink" projects, Amber Dawn has a open call for pink charms again. This is an awesome project as well, and I had a blast making and swapping charms last year. Proceeds from items made from leftover donated charms go for cancer research as well. I can't wait to plan my newest charms.

I know we are all busy, time never seems to slow down even though we keep our fingers crossed for it to. However my new outlook on this is, I should be grateful that I am healthy enough to be able to create and keep a busy pace. Many cannot, and this is why projects like this helps even when disguised as play time. Who wouldn't want to have fun while helping raise funds for this awful disease that has touched every one of us at least once if not many times? I dedicate my project offerings to my grandmother, father, and friends who had no choice but dance with this monstrous disease. I hope that one day the only dance all of us will do will be the dance of joy.

Time for a bit of sewing. Tomorrow I have planned an outing with mom. I have no idea where we will end up, but I do know we will have fun whatever we do, wherever we go. Rainy or sunny, as long as I have my Sucrets, I'm good to go! I wish you all a great evening and a beautiful tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I to loved working on squares for the Dolls dress and I am making a special something for the next round. I did Amber Dawns Charn swap as well and I am off to sign up for that project again as well!!

    Pnk art for a fabulous cause that has touched all of us in one way or another!! How can we not participate!!

    So glad that you will be in there as well!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up this magazine at Books A Million last week. I've been waiting months for its arrival. :0)

    I knew it would be another good publication!

    Have a great day,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!