Sunday, May 24, 2009

Catching up

Yesterday morning I watered the new plants, made pancakes,and got ready for a day of fabric shopping in South Bend with my friend Jill . We started out at Erica's where I found a pink rose fabric for my dining chairs and I found some new magazines that were a must have. Actually, Jill was flipping through pages of the first magazine and showed me a CQ pin cushion. I rarely see CQ items in any magazine, so I wanted it. Imagine my surprise after viewing the article closer and realized it was made by my online friend, Larna Ezzy. :-) I was excited and happy to see her article and we both bought the magazine,LOL.
I'm always thrilled to find a magazine from AU with my friend Julia Camilleri featured among the pages. This was equally exciting. Great article Larna!!!!!

After Erica's we stopped at Jill's daughter Sarah's, to see her crazy quilt from her grandmother. It is all wool, and has embroidery on every seam. She included various personal images that hold special meaning which I thought was so sweet and a treasure to receive. Then we made a visit to a bead shop,(cute packaging they used!) fabric shop, Hancock fabrics, Joann fabrics, and an Italian restaurant for pizza before heading home. Whew! Here are a few fabrics I found. I behaved myself pretty well, I can't say the same for Jill :-0!!!!
These are samples from Joann's....a great way to collect bits for CQ!
We had fun, as always. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed it fully. Thanks Jill!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning I sat at each chair cutting fabric and pinning heavy crocheted laces around each one. The lace will be the skirt instead of fabric.I haven't sewn them yet. Now I can enjoy the old crochet pieces I have been collecting in something other than CQ projects.I can imagine the hours spent on each piece. I will get a pic to share later.

For now, this is my grandmother's dining set painted cream. It looks white in the pic, but is really creamy. The stuff on the table is temporary. I couldn't stand leaving it bare :-)
I moved my tea shelf into the front room because the Hoosier was too tall for it to stay on the kitchen wall. I didn't get a pic of the Hoosier yet, but I love it in the kitchen. It is filled with all my tea related things.
As you can see, Angell has had enough with the decorating.
I haven't changed my wall behind the window yet. I am still gathering things to rearrange it. This little shelf was from mom.
I will share more as I get it decorated. I just received a large CQ order, so I may be a little scarce online. I turn on my computer in the morning hoping to find a moment to at least check email, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I will have a lot to catch up on I'm sure.

Here is the newest Hob Lob coupon which starts tomorrow. Have a safe Memorial day everyone.


11 comments:

  1. Pat ~ Everything is coming along so beautifully! I have almost the same furniture piece (in your dining room with the pretty knob)in my guest room!I painted mine white too!
    I love the window with all the vintage cards etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! I love what you are doing - it all looks so "you"! It is turning out lovely. I have to ask - is your little dog a Pomeranian? Kind of looks like it in the picture although hard to tell for sure since she is so flaked out! lol
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, it is looking great. Makes me wish I liked white and pink. You may convert me, yet! The green walls are great. And I do enjoy white and pink in other people's houses! Kerry, Angell is a longhaired Chihuahua.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ruby! Angell is adoreable and she has the same little foxlike face as my Pom, Nala, so I was curious.
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I thought your home was perfect when I visited a few summers ago...but you are making it even more so! What a lovely place...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely home you have Pat. Very feminine and relaxing. This is so me but definitely NOT my hubby. I shall enjoy yours and thank you for sharing. Samples for CQ...how clever of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric you got! Sounds like you had a wonderful time surfing the fabric stores and shopping - wore me out to even read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Memorial Day! Your home is just beautiful.

    THanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! ((Hugs)) back to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, sounds like you two had a fun filled day!
    Your Grandmother's dining set is beautiful...sounds like you have a lot of plans for decorating! Look forward to seeing the progress!

    Have yourself a great Memorial Day too!

    Hugs,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, you have some great finds here! Don't you just want to hurry up and get into making something with all of those pretties!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so beautiful, Pat! I left you something on my blog... come see!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!