Friday, April 03, 2009

Fun day...surprises...

Yesterday my plans to finish the last minute touches on the tags fell through , as did my plans to work on night light shades for my sis. It all started..........................

In the land of Patsville, all was calm. All domestic tasks were completed early , sewing projects were awaiting finishing touches, and I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a friend. Although it started out being chilly and overcast, the sun popped out and the air warmed to 61 degrees.
My friend Leslie, whom I met through DH, and is friends with my sis (sister in spirit) whom I was recently reunited with, is an exceptional needle woman. When I first met her many years ago, she was designing for the really nice cross stitch magazines. Leslie is a tiny beauty whose personality is warm, welcoming, and energetic. Last week she was joining a friend on a venture to a wonderful fabric shop in MI where she lives, and asked if she could pick anything up for me. I thought that was awfully sweet of her. Naturally, the only thing I really search for is Silk Dupioni, so I requested any if she runs across it. Yesterday Leslie had to attend a funeral here in town so she delivered her finds. Beautiful Dupioni in three shades of purple and my favorite green...I wonder how she knew I loved purple? She also selected two beautiful purple trims. Arent' they pretty? Leslie thoughtfully brought two of her books featuring crazy quilts for me to borrow and enjoy. I thumbed through one and it is loaded with quilts to peruse with a pot of tea this evening. Yes, I was in heaven. How often do you have stash delivered to you, and exactly what you would have chosen? Well, unfortunately our meeting was short however we will be getting together soon for a play day. I can't wait! I have something fun planned.

After the wonderful lunch with Marlene the day before, and Leslie's visit, I couldn't imagine my good fortune could continue much longer. It did! Mom phoned and asked if I wanted to go to the beach..duh! YES! I grabbed a jacket and pinned up my hair and headed North. It wasn't cold or warm, but the winds were fairly strong and that didn't stop us. Surprisingly, there were many treasures to be found as you can see. A few were toss backs but I took them anyway.The bottle cap find seems silly, but it is DH's favorite beer, and with the influence of Wendy and Sue, my peeps, I thought I could use it for somethingy arty. :-)

No blue glass, but a small purple one (grandma was there). Actually, purple glass is actually clear in its original state and the sun turns it a purple tint as it ages.
Mom found two large shells for me and all I found for her was a bit of smoothed brown crock. I felt bad so I surprised her with lunch. We sat by a pond in town and had lunch and conversation. We laughed because we both kept yawning. She hasn't been feeling herself because her sis isn't doing very well. She only has one sibling and they don't get to see each other very much. After our few hours together, she was perky again.

After settling in back home I started on the night lights, then I got chilled and grabbed a quilt in my comfy chair and thought I would rest my eyes for a moment while the guys were watching TV. Well, that was at 4:30pm, and I awoke at 9:00 pm. I have never fallen asleep in the afternoon, or in a chair before. I'm blaming it on the fresh cool air and wind from the beach trip ok? LOL. I was just talking to someone about naps, and how I just can't seem to make myself take a nap although I heard everyone should try to take a nap to regenerize the body daily. Hmmm. I don't have enough time as it is, how will I manage a nap?
Needless to say, nothing was accomplished but hey! Today is another day. After I run an errand with mom, I will stitch, and possibly finish.

The tags are awaiting their eyelets, and I think that is all they need. I think this is my favorite. It reminds me of the wild roses that grow along the country roads. When I'm riding my bike, I stop and collect the rose buds. They make nice dried buds to string for garland or a necklace because they are so fragrant and tiny. You can't really pick the open roses because the petals fall off immediately. They can be used for rose beads though.

Time for a bite to eat and start the day. I hope you all have a great day, and send vibes my way to finish my projects please...:-)

4 comments:

  1. I think the one with the hummingbird is my favorite too. Sounds like you had a great day! I am sending my best vibes (although I haven't had much energy myself). But wishing some along your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nap you took will probably re-energize you for the next two years. You are like that bunny, you just keep going and going and going........LOL Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. as I get up most weekday mornings with DH at 4:30 am to get him off to work in DC (yes the traffic is THAT BAD) I ahve become very good at taking naps!! But when I do I wake up feeling so guilty>>>> Sigh! I Do feel tons better though!!
    Glad to hear that you had a great trip to the beach!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just has to tell you Pat that I have been listening to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. It must be one of the sweetest songs I know. Whenever they play it on the radio, the Station is flooded with calls.It always makes me cry for some reason. Have been to several funerals which have played this tender song. What a great rendition it is. Thanks
    Judyxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!