Thursday, March 19, 2009

Red purse progress

It looks like it will be a beautiful day today. On the cool side, but sunny. The sky was deep blue when I ran for the camera. That is how fast it changes. It's still a pretty sight I think.
My goal is to finish the "RED purse" completely this week. I must do this. When a project lingers, it is harder to complete. as you may know, I'm not used to working with red so I put it off for months. I guess I am not comfortable in my decisions when red is the main color. It helped to include black and gold with a bit of green....all flowers need green leaves and stems after all. After I do mom's hair today I will be freed up to finish embellishing. I'm actually going to try my hand at a zipper. Cross your fingers and wish me luck....I am NOT a sewer!

This is the last thing on my plate, so next week I can create freely. I have some gifties I want to make, and I can't wait to just do what I want. Yeah!!!!!
Make it a creative day!

10 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful piece! I am loving the red. Though I don't understand how you can say you are not a sewer! You ARE! And an amazing one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you're doing a great job with red! Love the purse and the sky's not bad either:)
    Have fun finishing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over this red purse. It is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat! It has to be said!! You create masterpieces EVEn outside of your comfort zone!!! Big Cheers for you for pushing yourself to take on the project!! This piece is amazing and the added gold and green and black gives the red so much life and interest. I would not be at all surprised if you get more requests for bold bright colors!!!!
    Hugs!
    And here's to CAREFREE CREATING!!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red looks terrific. This will be an amazing purse. Good luck with the zipper. I avoid those at all costs!
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat,

    You are doing an amazing job working out of your comfort zone!!! You Rock Sister :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunrise, you early bird! The purse is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful purse! I think you picked a nice balance with the black and green. It would have been too much red without it IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your choices -- and, you hit the nail on the head with your comment on lingering projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful!!!!Love it . Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!