Thursday, March 05, 2009

Playing hooky???

I'm not sure if I'm playing hooky from painting today or not. I have so many little things to do I just can't seem to make myself stand around painting white walls all day. Until I decide on that, I must get my blog fix in and post. First I want to wave to Wendy M and Sue V (waving) ;-)

The puzzle swap blog is really taking off. As I discover pieces from blog participants, I add them for inspiration. It is exciting to see these pieces take shape.

I wish I had a better photo , in person this brooch is gorgeous. Soft smokey blue with AB clear stones.The picture doesn't come close to revealing it's sparkling beauty. It was one of my antique shop finds and you can imagine what I will be doing with it. Or can you?

Last night I finished stitching this CQ shade. I love the delicate organza trim in the upper right corner. It is a soft teal blue and brown embroidered with sequins and beads . It is from Flights of Fancy, the Queen of exquisite trims!
The flapper has the prettiest ruby lips. Such a beauty! I will assemble the shade and work on one more this evening. Then I can relax...yeah right!

And you thought I wouldn't be doing some kind of stitching this week! Oh, wait a minute....that was me. Whoops! Once a CQ addict, always a CQ addict I'm afraid!

Well, I have made up my mind, I am playing hooky. The sun is out, it is supposed to be almost 60 degrees, and as soon as I pull myself away from this computer I will finish small things and then around noon pick mom up to drive by the beach to see how much ice has melted. Then I will treat her to lunch and return home to work on the shades. Sounds like a great plan to me.
I hope you all have a nice day, and once in a while, play hookey! It's good for the soul :-)
(Right Karrin???)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM CST

    Pat, how do you put the shade together once your done?? Is it the sticky shade thing? I just love them!!! Debbie (Maine)
    campmoxie@yahoo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was going to play hooky with some gals today but woke to heavy snow falling (still falling). So I will play hooky in my studio. Love your lamp shade. Sharon PS Have fun at the beach in 60 degree weather........boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:52 PM CST

    The shade is Beautiful!! Leslie in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, I'm guessing... a teeny mini little CQ inside the brooch? ;-)
    diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Diane!!!! How did you guess? :-)
    Smiles,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shade! I love the butterfly with the delicate lacy wings and the beaded body! So precious and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!