Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jumped on the bandwagon! Joined Artfire...garden,etc

I have noticed several friends opened an Artfire shop which is like Etsy without the fees so I am tinkering with one as well. I thought I would experiment for a month to see if it is as good as Etsy. It would be nice not to pay fees for loading an item , selling an item, and reposting the same item. There is nothing in my shop except for an experimental brooch, but you can see it here.The banner is temporary of course. I need to get busy and use the info I learned from the class I took by Gail of Shabby cottage Studio.

This morning I had planned to do mom's hair but I received an email telling me of an estate sale in town. I called mom and picked her up. Our first sale of the season, and was it a great one! First off, the owner surprisingly was a new friend I met a few months ago who works in a bead shop.

She wants to learn CQ, and after her move, we plan to get together. She was excited I was at her sale, and I was excited to be there. So many things I wanted if my house was bigger. She had the cutest little antique desk and chair to sit while on the phone, an adorable vanity and chair, shelving units for my studio if I had room, an iron table and chair set with vines and flowers which was her mom's when growing up, and so many more things.

Tomorrow I will share what I bought. The stuff is in the shed and it is chilly so I'm not going out there. Anyway, we left the sale and stopped at the vet, mom bought cat flea meds to prepare for warm weather, and I bought a year of heartguard for Angell. Then we went to the outdoor statuary shop and I found the fountain I want...well, it is between the three tiered floral or the girl holding a seashell. Tough decision. Before going back to mom's, we stopped at my house to unload my finds and potty Angell, then off to mom's for her perm. We spent all day playing it seemed.I got home minutes before DH. My plans to finish the red purse were put on hold but I will work on it in a few minutes and tomorrow.

Thank you all for the nice comments and support. It boosted my spirit to hear your kind remarks.

I received some awards the past few months which I would like to acknowledge and thank the sweet ladies who thought of me.I am sorry I am so late in posting.
Many of the bloggers who I would give these awards are "No Tag" zones, and I respect their wishes, so I will not pass this on to specific people , but to all the bloggers who I visit for inspiration and you know who you are. :-)The first is from Jennifer. Thank you Jennifer!!!!!
It is the "Lemons to Lemonade award.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1) Put the logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
3) Link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5) Share the love and link to the person from who you received your award.
*********************************************************************
The second was from Stephanie. I received this award for the Comfort Doll Blog. Stephanie honored me with this award and remarked that I was an inspiration and enabler of comfort to so many".What beautiful words, Thank you Stephanie. I appreciate your kind words and am honored to receive this.


The third was a "tag" from Orinda.I was to go to my 6th picture folder and select the 6th picture. Then tell about it.
This is a necklace I made using the crinoids (fossilized plant life)I found along Lake Michigan in 2007. A mermaid charm dangles from the bottom.

I took a quick walk through the garden and spotted tiny bits of color.
Snowdrops Jobs tears Crocus I did say tiny!

3 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly have a lot to comment about. I choose Artfire. I think this place is catching on. Personally I love to shop Etsy, but I think their search leaves a lot to be desired. There is so much there that I know I have never seen, and want to.

    Artfire is much easier and in my opinion better catagoryized. (I made that word up)LOL. I think it will grow to be bigger than Etsy. My only problem with my visit there was that I didn't see payment options. I only use Paypal, sometimes a CC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize there were a bunch of fees with etsy. Hope this is easy to use & you won't be nickeled & dimed -- we have a few crocus popping up, too -- not open, just stems with tight buds of color.

    Spring has sprung. What an exciting time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!