Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Estate sale finds

I almost forgot to share my estate sale finds from last Thursday. I saw this glass house first and pictured a birds nest in it. I added one as soon as I cleaned it up.
I then grabbed this antique frame which Carol turned into a display for her jewelry. This will go into my studio upstairs or garden shed studio.
Then I found this shabby fence and gate hanger. Had to have it!
When I wandered into the garage, I spotted this and immediately thought of a work space in the garden shed. I was delighted to see a pink dinette set. PINK!!!! It even has a leaf to make it longer!!!! More room to play.I love the ivy ironwork on each table corner.........and the roses and ivy on the chair backs. Carol said she used to watch her childhood shows eating breakfast from this set. I knew it had to be included in the new garden shed studio.

As I was carrying things to my car, I saw this quirky little peacock and had to give it a home.

I wanted these plate holders to turn into some sort of storage or display, but set them back because I try to only buy things I know I can use. The day DH took me to pick up the dinette, Carol handed them to me and insisted they go home with me. What could I say but thank you. I do love them, and think they will fit beautifully in my new Shabby dining room filled with beautiful plates.

It is sunny and everything is turning green so I snapped a picture of my empty Spring garden area which I cannot wait to sit and sip tea in a comfy wicker chair. Soon!

13 comments:

  1. Those were some great finds! LOVE the peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fence gate hanger and the glass house and .... and ...
    Can I come live at your house ?
    I don't eat much and clean up after myself :-)
    Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl~~~~You racked up~~what great finds!!! I love estate sales. Love the little glass garden house~~~PRETTY~!!!! The pink dinette set is soooo pretty~~love it !!! Well, happy hunting. Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the head lines now. "Christmas in March at Pat's Bloglandian Home!! :)

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the coolest stuff! Makes me want to play hooky and go shopping. I really love those wrought iron chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - that dinette set is to die for!!!!! I've never seen one like that before.

    oh - you did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, you hit the mother load!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky girl and that was so nice of her to give you those plate hangers. She knew they were in good (creative) hands. After my lovely weekend on the sun filled beach, I woke to 2 inches of SNOW. Enough, I say Enough. My flowers are all shivering and drooping. So sad. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous finds!! The table and chair set will be a wonderful work space!! Can't wait to see it in place! Don't you just love finding wonderful pieces and knowing some of the history of each piece, know that you are giving the PERFECT new home!!! It is like getting a cherished Pass Along Plant- a TRUE joy !!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great finds, I love the pink dinette set! Oh if I could only find a chrome, formica decked out in pink! Also I wanted to say thank you for your kind words, it means a lot. Big hug back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful treasures Pat. I like the glass birdhourse but the pink dinette set is my fave!
    I miss those kind of sales from back east.....nothing like them out here in San Diego!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what wonderful estate sale finds! What treasures! What fun! I especially love the birdnest but that quirky peacock is really unique and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just catching up with you, Pat.
    I think you had a fun day out! Coming home with all of those treasures that suit your home so well!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!