Thursday, February 05, 2009

Second Shabby CQ night light finished!!

Ok, I want to go into the nightlight business,LOL. Although these take more time than I thought they would, they are incredibly fun to make, and to have something so useful as a finished product is pretty neat too.I'm just excited because they look so pretty when lit, and when off. Not because I did them, I just thought when lit they would lose their charm....they don't. Speaking of charm, I had to add a dragonfly to this one !!!!!

So, here is the other one I finished last night. I had to add the beaded fringe this morning as it was getting late and my yawning was getting on my nerves :-). Have you ever tried to keep your eyes open when you yawn? It isn't easy!!! I'm glad DH didn't walk in while I was trying, LOL.

This Shabby CQ light has this flawless beauty with blush cheeks and the palest yellow dress and hair ribbon. I thought she should have a vintage yellow swarovski and pearl necklace. I just found those crystals in Watervliet MI when I met Beth....the jewelry extraordinaire. I can't wait to get together with her for whatever we decide to create with. She has great energy and her smile is contagious.

I am off to whip up the mini CQ pendant so I will be ready to ship it off when a winner is announced. I do hope you all try to answer the question on the 10th.

I may pop in later to share the pendant if I finish. I was supposed to meet up with Laney and Nancy today, but I'm afraid the snow has squished that outing so I will be studio bound today!
Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Pat, these are just gorgeous! I don't know which I love more!

    I'm going to try and get the Comfort Dolls that I made for you sewn up tomorrow and in the mail asap. As you probably know, I haven't felt well this Winter but things are finally improving so I should be back to my normal "stitch & sew" like a mad women self in the next few weeks. We've got a nice warm up coming and I can already feel that just knowing that, is helping.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your lights. They are precious.Hope you fed your DH lots of hot chocolate and cookies.Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That light is SO cute, Pat. What is your source for these, if you don't mind sharing it? I really like your dragonflies; it certainly was a perfect touch on the light. I also saw one you had done on a RR block just yesterday. That's such a pretty ribbon you used for the wings, very real looking! Stay warm with all that snow! Spring can't come soon enough, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat I was thinking about you and all your snow.... so Ted and I have a little something on our blog for you and Angell. Drop over when you get a chance. Sharon And Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, these are just beautiful. I am assuming that you buy the night lights as they are, with the little shades. I have never seen anything like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOoooo I extra love this one it's in my fave color tones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! I saw your other nightlight on Etsy yesterday and now I don't see it anymore...I didn't see it in sales, either...did you take it off or did it get sold? I want ONE! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, the light is absolutely beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you are just having way too much fun!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat your shades are beautiful. The necklace was the perfect addition to an already perfect piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty! I can't believe how quickly you make these.

    BTW, did you find what you needed for your side bar? I'm not sure what you're talking about but I can help you with a drop down menu if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lights are so warm and I love the design. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pat, this is such a lovely idea for a project when one wonders "what shall I make?"

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Pat...these nightlights are just lovely!!

    LuLu Kellogg ~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pat,

    I'm always amazed at the beautiful items you make - your night lights are gorgeous! When I grow up I want to stitch just like you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!