Friday, February 20, 2009

Gathering goodies for necklace

I have been gathering special goodies for a new necklace. I thought I would make another necklace using charms, many given to me by friends which will make it even more special to wear. I wanted to share the word tube bead Wendy taught me to make in Sue's studio. I love it and have a little kit ready to make more while watching TV with DH. Thanks Wendy!!!! "Let go" is what I chose because that is what I do when I create. It also represents my outlook on lifes stressful things. If you can't do anything about it...let it go!

I bought the blue pearls for the nest when I went to Watervliet with Jill to meet Beth a few weeks ago. I just wrapped the wire and fed the pearls on....easy peasy! The Abalone piece was given to me by my sweet friend Judith Green from New Zealand. I love the colors and was very touched when a packet arrived a few years ago with several tucked inside.
The fuzzy fiber wrapped bead was made during Open Studio time also.Something different, and unique. I need more of these too. I took the idea from the book,"Fabulous Fiber beads" by Kristal Wick.
The wire wrapped mermaid tear was from another sweet friend, Tatbit. She has gifted me with so many treasures . Her tatting is perfection. The mother of pearl carved charm is from yet another dear friend, Candida of Brazil. I love the idea that this necklace will be made with items of friendship. The dream nugget was from the pink charm swap. I must look up who it was from. I have to add it to this sea themed nature necklace which will be named,"Bliss". Come on now, you know I name my purses, why shouldn't I have a name for my jewelry? The little blown glass green bead was from Watervliet also as well as the large aqua round bead. Laurie sent me the mermaid tear which she hand painted the nest. This represents DH, DS,and myself.
This is what I have found so far.......The lampwork fish is so pretty, from Watervliet. The tiny bottles will be filled with who knows what. The clear drop cahrm will be altered, perhaps with names of charm donors????? That would be neat.

I hope to gather some other charms from friends before I assemble this necklace.If anyone wants to send a charm with a bird or sea theme, I would love to add it. You can let me know what you would like in return. I could make you a beaded fob with a mermaid tear???? Whatever you wish.
I have a few other things around here, I just need to take the time to locate them.!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat...

    I sent off a special Thank you in the mail today but didn't want another moment to go by without telling you how much I love the "Baby Girl Pin" that I won in your O.W.O.H. contest... She is so adorable and even more precious in person. Thank you so much!!! Hugs, Chrissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Kaylee

    http://www.craigslistdecoded.info

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!