Tuesday, January 06, 2009

What a day!

My goodness! What a day it has been! Crazy!!!! This morning I started straightening the house and started laundry as soon as DH left for work which was at 5:00 today. I had high hopes of getting all of my cleaning out of the way before settling in with my laptop for my highly anticipated Photoshop brushes workshop. I purposely didn't turn on my computer until everything was finished because I knew I would be sitting there answering email and just browsing...which is such a bad habit and way too easy to do.

As I was finishing the laundry, enjoying a cup of tea and the yummy vanilla candle scent, I saw the snow begin to fall. There wasn't supposed to be snow today!!!!
I knew I needed some things from the store because I had plans to attend a meeting this evening and wanted to make a nice dinner. I got ready and headed off to town, only 3 miles away. The snow fell harder and the wind picked up. All I could think about was traveling on the toll road at night. My heart sank, I knew the possibility of attending the meeting tonight was lessening. I did my shopping, ran to the post office and bank, then stopped to fill up my car since gas prices are rapidly rising again.
The snow stopped, but the roads are ice, so I know DH is not going to be encouraging about me driving at night to a place I have never been. I cannot see at night because I just don't drive after dark and am not used to it. Also, I'm the only person on earth that doesn't own a cell phone, nor do I want one.
I came home, unloaded the groceries, made a cup of cocoa and turned on the computer for my class.
I was extremely pleased with the first lesson. Gail is an excellent instructor, and doesn't rush through it. I did stop a few times to practice what I learned, and guess what? It worked!!!! I made a brush/stamp and colored it too!

DH called to tell me he would rather I didn't travel tonight. I told him I pretty much knew I wouldn't be. I think I will wait until Spring to attend a meeting. I want to make a day trip to see where I am going, so I guess I will put that on hold for now.

Then Mom called and said Sterling is worse, she may go today, which is another reason I should remain home. I can run over after dinner and have tea which always cheers her up.

I wanted to thank those of you who commented on mom's grief over her cats. I know it is so hard to lose an animal especially when they have been in your life for so long. Sterling was dad's favorite too, and dad wasn't a cat lover. I think this makes losing her even more emotional for mom.
Anyway, things will work out as they should and I will feel my way through the evening and go where I am needed.

Thank you for the very nice compliments on the night light dedicated to Nora. I don't care for most of my owrk, but I do love this. It is romantic, and makes me smile for many reasons.
I took a few more photos of the finished nightlight this morning. I added two beaded fringes. It is the perfect little accessory for my bathroom. I don't have much of my own work except the CQ wall hanging and some purses, so this year I will be creating a lot of things for my home, the nightlight is the first!

I am off to start dinner prep. I hope you are having a great day.

8 comments:

  1. Pat, The snow and ice is heading my way too. Schools let out an hour early today. I know how disappointing it is when the darn weather ruins wonderful plans. It's better to be safe though and not venture out. I am sorry to read about your mother's cat. When we lost our cat, I said no more. It's hard losing a pet you really care about. Then DD convinced (begged) for another. You can guess the rest of the story. Anyway, adorable cq work for your nightlight. All your work is so special. That is a low watt bulb right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, the nightlight is the prettiest!
    It's going to cast such a romantic, soft glow in your room.

    I'm sorry to hear about you parents' cat. We do get so attached to them...
    It's always heartbreaking...

    Hugs! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pat,
    I am sorry to hear about Sterling. I dread it when its time to say goodbye. I hope your mom will feel much better after tea with you.
    I just love your nightlight. I saw some pretty ones on sale in Kuala Lumpur when I was back to visit my mom and was asking AAA where on earth could I plug this in. All my power points are way down near the floor and the beaded trim will just touch the floor, just the right height for my cats to play with. Maybe for my next home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are making safe travel plans. Hope your mom finds comfort from Sterling's loss soon. I find it so hard to believe that you don't care for most of your work as it is all so stunningly gorgeous! Ah, well, we do tend to be our own worst critic, though, don't we? I know I said it before, but the nightlight is wonderful! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about Sterling. I love your night light, it is gorgeous! I love all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greeting Sweet Pat!!

    Thank you so much for your visit and the wonderful words of encouragement on my challenge entry!! :) Your night light is incredible!! I know I will get more comfortable the more I stick my work out in the open. I'm so very glad I found so many wonderful blog Sisters!! I'm so lucky to be part of a group of women that truly get it, are kindred spirits, and so very supportive of each other!!

    Pattie ;)
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel AWFUL about your Mom's cat.
    It is so hard to lose a pet but comforting to know they seem to accept death much better than we do.They are so in tune with the cycle of life.
    Still ~ it's SO hard.
    The night light is stunning!!!! What a GREAT idea!!!
    I haven't been able to catch up via your blog in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Joyce

    http://www.videophonesguide.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!