Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exhaling

Is it just me or does the world feel like a heavy load has been lifted with the inauguration being complete at last? It was like holding your breath , hoping things would run smoothly until THE day arrived. I watched Obama being sworn in with DS yesterday morning and it was quite pleasant.I didn't watch the Ball, but kind of wish I had. I will admit this was the first time I had watched a president take office.I'm just not one who finds politics interesting enough to sit and watch. Sorry, it's just the truth.

Seeing several of my favorite movie stars attending, and faces of hope and content from the crowd left me with a good feeling. No one knows what the future will bring, we can only hope things will be as promised, but I have to say it has got to be better than where we have been. As you know, I never talk politics, however I felt the desire to express my feelings. I am now jumping off my soapbox and skipping away. No need to reply, this is just my opinion and I won't discuss it further :-)

Monday my friend Jill invited me to ride along with her to the House of Stitches in LaPorte. It was nice to see the ladies, it has been a while. I ordered some new threads I had learned about from my friend Karen. She showed me a beautiful tubular thread/fiber from Caron called Rachelette. I can't wait to see the colors in person that I ordered. They will be interesting to play around with.
After the stitch shop we browsed an Antique Mall. I found some large old crocheted pieces to dye for a few more Bohemian purses and a working musical face powder box on dainty feet. I collect them in my guest bath and they are not eay to find around here.
Jill found an adorable Jenny Lind crib to match a child's bed she had. Like myself, she also has hopes of a grandchild one day :-).

We then stopped at Indiana Deli a couple blocks away and had a nice light lunch and headed to Joann fabrics and Hobby Lobby. At Joann's we found a new magazine titled,"Stitch". It has the walnut purses in them, so you know what I will be making soon :-). It is a beautiful magazine from England. I have never seen it before, but it will be on my list of possible "must haves". I also found two Bohemian looking fabrics to go with the wide trims I previously found. Needless to say, it was a very enjoyable day just bopping around with a friend in the snow.

Yesterday I played around with the altered children images. I made these little fellas, but they are not completely finished. Some need further embellishing...I think.

Pure Bliss can be a huge chocolate chip cookie to some.......................................She needs something else, but I'm not sure what. Some beads hanging from her wings???? I added real vintage tiny lace to her dress hem, and tiny pink sequins to her dress.

Who's your paddy? Well, this little green guy of course!

And yes, I had to use little Miss Muffet again...she is too cute. I just had to add real vintage lace to her dress also.I couldn't think of anything else for her sign except, "What is a tuffet". I can relate to her expression when DS is talking about computers and electronics,LOL. DUH!
I have several little Valentines cut out and ready to embellish. Perhaps I will put them in my etsy shop. It is so bare in there. Next month's blog giveaway will be a little Valentine angel :-)

I also started two crazy quilt Shabby Cottage night light shades. They are not at a presentable stage to share just yet. Soon.......

Yesterday's mail brought a Comfort Doll and a surprise from my friend Judy. Beautiful fabrics, lovely thread, and a bag of goodies. Isn't this tiny pink glass bird the sweetest? Thank you Judy!!! Your treats topped off a blissful day!

I picked up an eye of round while shopping with mom today. Needless to say, I have two happy boys with full bellies watching TV, so I am off to play with threads and fabrics, perhaps more metal and images too. Enjoy your evening!

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love these and cheers for Obama. I watched all day (and as late as I could for the balls - I can't imagine how they did it) and loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the little bird survived the trip! Thanks again for the Snowman Soup. Interestingly Paula (The Beauty of Life) just referenced that same (I think!) Stitch magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologize for mentioning the inauguration -- I think we all feel a lot better today.

    The photos of your new treasures are delightful!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, Thanks for posting your feelings.
    Like you, I don't like to talk politics on my blog. But I just wanted to add to your thoughts...I feel HOPEFUL, which is something much needed right now.

    You've been busy! Making dolls and dreaming! :-) I think you DO live in a magical place. Don't all of us "creatives"? :-) We're so blessed to be able to go "there" in our minds and express that place through our hands....

    A happy day to you!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat! Sounds like you had a delightful day indeed! What did you put over the vintage child images that looks like wax? They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too watched the inauguration. Even tho I am Canadian, it had me glued to the TV. Loved to see what everyone was wearing and those little girls..... So sweet.
    Just to think back and realize how far we have come is awesome.
    xoox
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Again,
    I'm too fast on the button!
    I wanted to tell you how adorable these little pins are.... It looks like they have a shiny coating on them Pat? or do you stuff them?
    Just curious....
    Anyway I just love them.. and anxious to see them in your Etsy shop,
    oxox
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Well we even watched Obama down under. We all hope he is as good a politician as he is a speaker.
    It's not just Americans who want you to have a good leader we also rely on your leaders to do a good job.
    Larna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes..How wonderful that Barak Obama is now your President. The World Could be such a wonderful place if only we all had the will to do it.Here's Hoping..
    Cute pins!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!