Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Requested links to previous" Pieces of Friendship "swap posts


9/17 Puzzle swap post
First post about puzzle piece swap

The links above will take you to previous posts on the Pieces of Friendship swap.

First I want to thank you for asking questions so we can know what we are doing when the swap begins. You do not have to start making your puzzle pieces now..unless you just have time on your hands...NOT! I just wanted to get everyone on the same page so this will run smoothly. Now, the question I have received and want your opinion on is....., do we want to swap randomly with each other or make a certain amount and send them to me with a stamped envelope to swap out to those participating? (You get as many as you send)????? Or what? I am fine with either.

I'm thinking we could start making our pieces in late January and have two months to either send them to me or your partners. I think we should at least swap 4 so a puzzle can be formed. I want to swap with everyone who wants to swap with me, because I want a friendship puzzle for my studio wall. I can smile each time I see it...(daily)

Majority rules, so send in your preference by the end of December if you can so I can write up the full plan.

More questions answered:

1~Yes, the last picture I posted of the four puzzle pieces will print out the correct 4" size however, if you plan on tucking in edges, please allow for that, at least 1/4" all around. The puzzle piece is measured from side to protruding tab+4" by 4". I will be using a blanket or satin stitch around my fabric pieces, so I don't need seam allowance.This puzzle sheet is correct.

2~ You may embellish your puzzle piece as you wish. Whatever your art, just go for it. I will be making tiny crazy quilt pieces...yes, a first for me :-)

3~ You may make as many as you wish. You will receive the same amount as you send.

4~ If you are sending from outside the states, we will work out a postage solution that is right for both.

5~ You will have until April 1st to mail out your pieces. That gives us 2 months if we begin in Feb.

Please continue to ask questions. This is a first for me, but it is such a neat idea and I know we will all enjoy this and our finished puzzle. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Pat, I'm so excited, this is my first swap!!! You have given us enough lead time so I can also play. Although it will take a bit more planning I like the idea of us picking our partners. That way it gives us a chance to know who we are creating the piece for :c) I won't need to use international posting as I will send mine up to be posted in the States with a "mule" :c) And the pieces sent to me can all be sent to a friend coming down, :c)

    Pattie :c)
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Pat: your time frame seems reasonable. I don't have a strong preference about a blind swap selected by you or a swap where we choose who we mail to.

    I'm not sure what I will do but I did get a piece of stiff felt to use as backing. I've used it a lot recently and it doesn't shift or fray and provides a firm template but is also very easy to stitch through. (I think your velvet bags may have inspired me because I got two pink fat quarters yesterday, too, one with paper dolls and one a fairy-tale toile design. Both have design elements small enough for the squares. These are not my characteristic design choices.) Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...make a certain amount and send them to me with a stamped envelope to swap out to those participating? (You get as many as you send)"

    What you said here is my choice. I want to swap with you, too, because that wall sounds like it will be wonderful.

    I'm so excited! Now I just have to get my stash tubs out of storage as I only have my beads here in the apartment. I can't wait!

    Thanks again for all your hard work and the happiness you bring us with "Gatherings."

    And thanks to everyone who is going to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat,
    I 'm fine with whatever way you choose to organise it. I would be happy to swap with you too. Send as many as you would like to receive sounds good. Thank you for doing this. I am always happy to participate. Thank you also for the confortable lead time and notification. It is most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!