Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fun news!

Bella McBride, creator of my beautiful Romance wrist warmers chose to add one of my hand dyed silk ribbon packs to her etsy treasury. She has chosen romantic items. Thank you Bella :-)!!!!!!

I just returned home...again....with the Winter issue of Sew Somerset. Guess what is inside????
My "Mermaid's Tail" fiber book can be found on pages 33 through 37. The cover book by Ruth Rae is really pretty and makes a very beautiful cover page.
There is a vintage photo rag doll project from Sandra Evertson on page 64 which could be made into pin cushions. That is what I was planning for the altered children. There are just so many ideas you can run with, I just wish there were more time to run with them!

I just drove through darkness,sleet,and slippery roads, and now it is time to curl up with Sew Somerset and a cup of tea and decide on where to put the Christmas tree tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Missy Pat!!

    Your Mermaid's Tail book is the most amazing and oh so beautiful!! What a specail gift you have been given to create such incredible art out of a few stitches of thread and scraps of fabric :c)

    Pattie :c)
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up this mag. your mermaid tail is just beautiful!!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Pat! How exciting! You derserve it, your work is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pat! Thanks! I will definitely pick up this issue! I want to make a trip to Michael's and will look for it! I'll have a hard time not opening it up and showing the checkout person and saying "I know her!" ;-)

    Congratulations! Much deserved!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that! Just didn't look at the name, shame on me!
    It is a beautiful piece. Congratulations to you! You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a special trip out to Jo-Ann's last night to pick up a copy. I watched you create it on Stitchin' Fingers and it's wonderful to have so many color pictures to look at of the final project. Wonderful work! Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I first saw tyhe picture in the magazine, I thought that's Pat's mermaid book...... Fabulous!! congratulations on another great piece...x00x
    ((((Hugs)))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. when I first saw tyhe picture in the magazine, I thought that's Pat's mermaid book...... Fabulous!! congratulations on another great piece...x00x
    ((((Hugs)))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thumbing through this issue at Barnes and Noble when I saw the Mermaid piece! I almost screamed out loud!
    Nice!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!