Friday, December 05, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Nice things happen, project finished.

It is 7 degrees right now. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have my vanilla coffee, angell is downstairs snuggled with DH watching TV, DS is safely back at his apartment, and all is well with the world. Well, the Christmas tree isn't up yet, but that can happen this weekend because I am not going out on a weekend until the Holidays are over except to teach a class at the bead shop.

You sure couldn't tell we were in a financial crunch by the number of shoppers out and about. The traffic lines have been backed up like I have never seen before.
Does anyone share this same experience where they live? Wow!

I must say however, people seem to be nicer. I have had the door opened or held for me several times lately, when I am usually the only one showing that courtesy. It is refreshing and makes me smile every time. I've also had the "wave" from a driver when I want to turn into a parking lot. That never happens around here. I'm just happy people seem to be in better spirits. Perhaps it won't last long, but I'm grateful for the present.

I have a challenge for everyone reading this post. The next time you are out shopping or whatever, open the door for someone, even if they seem to not acknowledge you. ( I heard that!!!!) Trust me, they will feel a twinge of appreciation.
Let a driver go in front of you or turn into a parking lot when the line is backed up. These tiny courtesies do not take anything from us, but they give so much to the other person and they will leave you with a smile. I know this.

I am finishing up the small project I had shared a few days ago. It is another CQ covered wooden bracelet like the one I made for my pal Laney for CQMag. I had the urge to make a sea themed one, and this is the result. The first picture was taken on my wrist to make sure it was wearable. The problem I have found with the wooden bracelets (even in the raw) is that you must have small wrists. If you have a 6 or 7" wrist, these will fit, otherwise, I would say you may have a struggle. Once on, there is plenty of room.

I had wanted to make some for etsy, but you know how I am, always curious and wanting to try new things, so I put it on the back burner until I recently had a request for one. If this one isn't taken, it will be on etsy.

I have an orange and green gypsy one ready to embellish and a pansy stash gathered to assemble another one. The woman who made the request gets to choose her favorite from these.

Before I go, I have to share this way cool Artist jacket I drooled over at a local shop.
The front~~~~~~~~~~~~and back.I L__O__V__E__ the back! It reminds me of Magnolia Pearl clothing.
At $1247, it was a bit beyond my budget. Oh how I love this!!!!!! Santa......where are you?????? :-)
Have a great day!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Pat! Your bracelet is beautiful! So full of charm and whimsy! I just love it! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, Love the bracelet.I'm currently doing a sea themed comfort doll for my 2 year old nephew for Xmas. As it's for a boy I've had to be careful how I embellish it.
    Do you mind me asking how you got the background fabric to look like matted coral?
    Larna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Pat! Open a door for someone. Smile at someone and put even the smallest amount of change in those Salvation Army buckets! I cannot go into a store without doing that. I simply can't look into their eyes otherwise. I have so much.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,

    I so enjoy your creations and through your postings your heart shines through. I too avoid the crowds at Christmas as much as possible. When out shopping with stressed out shoppers and workers I too try to bring peace and calm. I love to see the reaction when you allow someone to take your place in line, stop to allow cars to enter/exit parking lots and when you don't steal the parking space someone is racing too. Just one way to spread the cheer and spirit of the season. I accept your challenge. BJR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that jacket is lovely! I actually stopped to comment about your finished bag! WOW! It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!