Friday, December 05, 2008

Amazing silk paintings to share

These just arrived and I am mesmerized by the delicate details of Carolyn Phillips' silk paintings. I showed them to DH and said they were prints, not paintings. He had to put on his glasses,LOL. The veining on the pansy and dragonfly wings are amazing. They are painted on fine thin silk dupioni, my favorite!There are tiny lady bugs on the rose, and she signed each one for me.
Carolyn, your paintings are like none other . Perfection! Thank you so much. I will be dreaming of projects to use these in after the Holidays. For now, they will be displayed in my studio like a mini Art Show!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Pat, Carolyns paintings are amazing. They look so real.
    There you are all rugged up and I'm hot and bothered in Australia. Xmas is a very hot affair over here.
    Have a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year. Hope Santa is kind to you.
    Best Wishes.
    Larna in Aus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, PS. I forgot to say congrats on the magazine article. Good on you.
    We do not get that mag here so will have to drool over your pics.
    Cheers Larna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find Somerset Sew yet, Pat, but I'm looking hard!

    Diane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen anything like these silk paintings before. So delicate!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pretty lady, I ventured into town today to have lunch with girlfriends and to pick up Somerset Sew. Lunch was great but couldn't locate the magazine. I did find to other Somerset mags I had to have. But never fear I shall search out SEW in the next town. You are so famous young lady. Keep up the great creations.Gleefully Sharon Ho Ho Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painting on that first dragonfly pictured is so well done that it just "pops" out of the page! I thought it was a 3-D dragonfly embellishment bead or something to sew onto fabric. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with your observations on the shoppers. I had a similar experience yesterday.
    for the first time i was trying to purchase a artificial tree. The only one available was out of the display area. so two very nice young men helped take it apart. Several shoppers gathered around with many helpful suggestions. and smiles... The 2 boys even helped me load it in my car and hepled get it all settled so i could see to drive my long drive home.
    Blessings received.,,

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!