Saturday, December 20, 2008

Always time for a new project

Thank you for the Anniversary wishes, I appreciate each one.
It truly is a Winter Wonderland here in Chesterton as we awoke yesterday to an ice covered world. Every branch, bud, stepping stone, etc was encased in a glistening thick coat of ice. I inspected some Autumn Clematis leaves on the porch as I made my way to the mailbox. Yes, the mailbox had to be broken free from the ice that enveloped it.
This morning the ice is just as it was yesterday. I may have to get out my camera. It really is pretty neat to see buds on the limbs under ice.

Yesterday was a quiet and very peaceful day spent at home. We decided to stay in and just relax which was wonderful. Later in the day as DH watched TCM, I got a little antsy and my creative muse forced me to go to the studio. I browsed through my ciggies and found a beautiful girl with a mint dress and hair bow. Well, this just had to become something.......I started gathering fabrics and lace......then decided it must be a purse so I chose a vintage looking clasp and drew a pattern, pieced it together and took it downstairs to embellish. I have to add a few of the darker mauve accents and then assemble it.
This will be my task for today. Yes I do have other things that need my attention, several WIP's and UFO's but there is always tomorrow...hopefully :-) Today, I am drawn to work on this feminine piece. The girl image is just so pretty and I love the colors.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Pat, I can't believe you can create something so beautiful when you are just feeling a bit "antsy" ! I would need a whole month and it still won't be as lovely ! The purse will be lovely when it is done (it is lovely now).
    In case I get lost in the Christmas rush, I want to wish you and your family a Wonderful Holiday! I look forward to another year of reading your Blog. It is my daily Eye candy! ( much nicer on the hips then the real thing :-)
    Merry Christmas !
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny. I can't stop when I start something. I should have been a builder!Thank you Liz!! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday too!!!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversay, Pat. May you have many, many more.

    And, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversay, Pat.
    I love this new purse, love that print and the soft colours..
    Hugs Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!