Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finished my block for chairity project

Last night I finished the charity project block which Monica is hosting. Remember the 2 inch squares we sent a few months ago for Monica to create the magnificent doll,"Love Squared"?

Volunteers were asked to make the left over squares into 10 inch blocks. Monica will collect the blocks and connect them to make a quilt which will be sold with proceeds going to charity.

No rules, just create. Well, I thought it would be a piece of cake, so I set it aside until I was free of demands to work with a clear mind. I think my mind may have been too clear because I fiddled with the squares for a few days and nothing was pleasing to me. I read the note once again that Monica included and studied the words....Let your muse play. I came up with a heart design.Perhaps I had been thinking too hard about how I could fit 11 squares into a space and make it look presentable. I printed the words,"Faith,Hope,Love, we need all of the above", to fuse and tack down with pink beads to help form the heart shape.

I filled in the open areas with silk ribbon embroidery and small pink beads.

I would love to know where I could purchase the tiny crystals used on the night scene square. Does anyone know who made this????

I did enjoy myself,and that is what Monica stressed. I do wish it were more artistic, but it is what it is. I am honored to be able to help out with this project and raise funds for breast cancer awareness and/or research. Thank you for the opportunity Monica.

10 comments:

  1. This is really nicely done. Looking at it before reading your comments, I thought that a heart was a brilliant idea. Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me, Pat. I'd say your muse is right on! As a survivor, I'd like to say a big thank you for taking time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job Pat! Love the heart shape.

    I am involved in the same project - and enjoyed working with other people's squares.

    Waving hello from Australia!

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, it's pretty! And I love coming here not only to see the pretty things you always make but the music is lovely.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you brought heart and soul to it. A great message which touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pat...your art quilt is BEAUTIFUL! Not easy to be artistic and design with so many diverse squares that you received, but you did a wonderful job.

    You can find the 2 mm crystal Swarovski crystals at Fusion Beads. They are so beautiful! I wish I had all the colors in my stash.

    I'm glad you contributed your heart art for such a worthy cause!

    ~Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just beautiful Pat. I have found the crystals at bead stores, Michael's and Joann's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pat..
    You did a lovely job with the Pink Squares.. I Love the heart shape you chose to do..... well done....
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Pat. I used to find those 2mm, and occasionally even smaller ones, at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. You might check online at Fire Mountain Gems or Artbeads.com . . .


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the support. I appreciate your comments although I don't always get to reply when I should, please know each one has been read and very much appreciated.
    Thank you for the sources for the crystals too, they are so darn cute!
    Smiles,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!