Thursday, November 06, 2008

Clay class--yesterday's post forgot to load

Well, I had my clay class and learned how to condition clay, a few tips on handling clay and using the pasta machine, and how to make blended clay and canes. However, I cannot find my brooch I made. I tucked it in my pocket for safe keeping until I returned home. I stopped at the store and remember grabbing my store list from my pocket to toss after I picked up my few items on the list. I think perhaps I also grabbed my pendant and tossed it as well. This makes me ill to think my first project is gone. It was a blended heart shaped brooch with swirls and dots. This will teach me to put things in my pockets. I should have put it in my craft bag with the clay supplies. Oh well, that is life! I can always make another one.
I plan on more classes after I finish my CQ projects. Tomorrow I must finish the eyeglass cases, and then the block for Monica. The other projects are for fun gifts, so there are no time limits on those.
The morning was beautiful until noon and then rain began to fall and the skies were gray. Rain is supposed to continue for 4 to 5 days so that will give me an excuse to stay inside and catch up. Last weeks weather was just too beautiful to waste time indoors. Time is so much more important than keeping a schedule.

I had forgotten to announce that Wendy Shu won the little Halloween brooch. Congratulations Wendy!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Wendy! She is a lucky girl! She has won a few giveaways and good for her! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brooch is just the cutest. What a face! Yea, for Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Pat. Yes I am a lucky girl. If I could give broom rides, I would and doesn't that cat look a bit like Tsuru? And Pat, I love glitter. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Wendy on your win.It is a lovely pin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, sorry to hear you lost your lst project. I hope whoever found it knows they have a treasure.

    Thanks for playing Danny Elfman on your Playlist. I'd never heard of him before. What beautiful music! So peaceful.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest little broach. Just love it! Your work is just so pretty.
    I also wanted to say thanks for all the comments you have been leaving on my blog. For some reason Yahoo hasn't been sending me an email stating I had a comment, so I had no idea. I apologize, and I thank you for always saying such sweet things. Now, to try and fix the darn problem!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!