Monday, October 20, 2008

Pendant reveal and CD update

I thought I would share the origin of my project that many of you had guessed was a pendant few weeks ago. I wanted to know if anyone knew what was in the center? It was a large wooden macrame bead given to me by a friend.Actually I was given two. Playing catch up, I made Dorothy one last night for giving me the beads and beautiful batik fabrics. The one on the right is my original pendant, the left is Dorothy's.
Dorothy is a very good friend of my MIL and such a sweet lady. I wore mine over to see if she liked it and she did, so I created one with more red in it for her which she loves. I will deliver it tomorrow on my way to get my overdue driver's license :-).

Dorothy loves birds and especially hummingbirds so I added a hummer charm to her tassel.
A tutorial will be in this up coming issue of CQMagonline. I hope you enjoy it. They are very fun to make. I embellished while watching "Desperate Housewives" and assemble it during" Brother's and Sister's" last night.

On another note, I just uploaded shipment # 29,30,31,32 on the Comfort Doll Blog. I found them homes after 4 hours on the phone this morning...many disconnected numbers. I am relieved to be able to ship them off tomorrow. I know the recipients will love them. Thank you everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. Pat,

    Your creations are always so amazing!! Each time I think I have seen your most beautiful work you show us something else!!

    Pattie :c}
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Pat, I was right. You've been a very busy girl. :-) The pendants are wonderful. I love the colors and the detail. I can't wait to read you tutorial in CQ. Such talent. Thank heaven there are only 24 hours in a day, Ms. Speedy! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. These CQ beads are really unique, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what Lusciousness!! I adore these.. the vibrant colours and the detail.. so much time and effort .. really really well done


    (do you think maybe i like them lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pendants are gorgeous! You've inspired me...yet again. I'm trying to figure out how to design a CQ tassel. Wouldn't they be to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!