Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My head is spinning..........trying to catch up post 1

I don't know where to begin...I haven't been gone that long but it seems like weeks. I will start with my lunch with Sue. We met at Red Lobster and I arrived 15 minutes early because I had an errand to run and it didn't take as long as I had thought it would. As soon as I walked up to the door I turned and saw Sue pulling in the parking lot. What timing! Both of us early yet arriving at the same time. I went over to give her a hug. We agreed we looked the same after 20 years and never stopped talking from the time we sat down until we left. We just picked up where we left off all those years ago. After raising our children, here we were meeting again, making plans to not let time slip through our hands again. Sue shared family photos and I never thought to gather some up to bring. Duh! We talked about our losses, my father, her brother. We updated each other on our kids, her daughter is getting married on Halloween (coincidence, not purposely). It was so good to catch up. Sue shared this photo with me of my friend, who lives in Texas, Vicki's cousin Jim. I was in beauty college and was trying to get him to let me practice cutting his hair. LOL. I never did get to by the way.


My DH brought out a box that was delivered last week. He had picked up the mail and left it in his truck because he didn't come in the house right away. He had forgotten about it. (Sorry Terri) It was a box of "Terri Treats". My sweet and creative friend, Terri, knows I love her totes and sent me a beautiful shabby chic Autumn tote.

I use these for small trips to town instead of plastic bags, and to tote small projects here and there. They are so feminine, light and such beautiful fabrics....Terri filled it with special goodies tied with heartstrings.

Always thinking of me on her jaunts to the " Big Apple", she shared this beautiful purple linen fabric with me and also embroidered "Gatherings" on a piece so I could use it in my shows. I think I know exactly how I will use it too.
Naturally, there was a lavender fragrance whirling under my nose. A bag of lavender buds!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! Terri also made a tissue case for my purse which is just in time for the weather change which brings sniffles. :-)

Then, to bring a tear to my eye, there was this embroidered purple hankie trimmed with crochet, just like one I have from my grandma Pearl.
Talk about tugging at your heart. Since I was already weepy, I opened the little gold box and found a treasure I will never forget. The story alone will start you dreaming. This little fairy with dragonfly wings has a story which Terri wrote and tucked behind the wings.
This amazing piece of jewelry filled me with childhood giggles and thoughts of my many stories I have jotted down through the years. The pendant is called "Storyteller Jewelry" by Raelinda Woad. By the way, the cat looks identical to my long lost cat "Jones".

If you ever need a special piece of jewelry to give to someone who appreciates heartfelt treasures, this would be it.
Terri, I don't know how you learned of this jewelry, but you hit the nail on the head my friend, and you sure wrote the perfect story to fill it. It was almost as if I had written it to you. Thank you so much. Although delayed, your package was sunshine on a rainy day.

2 comments:

  1. very nice blog. do you mind if i add your blog to my list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to catch up with your friend! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and isn't it great when you can just pick up right where you left off!

    Beautiful things from Terri! That must have made your day!!!

    Hugs...~Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!