Friday, October 03, 2008

Mind WIde open challenge...All Dressed Up

Not that I have time, but since I was making purses, I decided to use the adorable image Gail provided for the October challenge on her Mind Wide Open blog and play along.
The theme for October is ,"All Dressed up" ,with two little girls in their party dresses.

I immediately thought of a Victorian Holiday Tea party so I gathered several vintage lace pieces with beautiful caramel and ecru tones and added deep red and medium green accents by way of beads, pearls,silk ribbon,and dyed appliques.

I trimmed out the top with pre-made ribbon flower trim. I put two large gold grommets on each side to accept a deep red cord for the strap.

I dyed the vintage lace butterfly with Alcohol Ink. An article will be in the upcoming issue of CQMagonline.

I gave one girl a strand of pearls and the other a ruffled collar.
I added red beaded trim and a vintage lace to the bottom.

The back is dark red silk velvet with a poly ecru lining fabric. The purse measures 9"x 14".

12 comments:

  1. That is one very lovely purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful purse!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark red velvet is a great colour. And I love the butterfly.
    :) Larna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! What a gorgeous purse! Your stitching is such an inspiration to me, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love it!
    The back is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word!!!!GORGEOUS. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, it's beautiful. And again, I'm in awe of how fast you create these confections!

    THANK YOU for the envelope of goodies from your giveaway! I've posted pictures of them on my blog for everyone to see what a lovely kit you put together. I plan to add them to a pair of gloves that I want to decorate and frame. This was a very generous gift! Bless you!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bag, Pat! We were on vacation last week so I am sending you a very belated happy birthday wish -- hope you win with this precious bag . . .


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Pat!!! I love the image and your work is spectacular as always!!!

    Hugs friend...~Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!!! My goodness...I am so behind in visiting! I hope you had a wonderful day!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. And I LOVE your coin purses as well! Do you sell them? Lovely, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!