Thursday, October 23, 2008

CQ class update

Last night's CQ class was once again a fun one. I am just thrilled over the excitement these ladies have over CQ. Becky already has three projects going and spent a wad on stash last weekend....a true crazy quilter!
Busy fingers!!!!!

Sharing ideas?????

Always a smile!
Everyone brought their "home work" and it was super! They are doing great, and if I can get my speech and mind back for next weeks class, they will learn silk ribbon embroidery. I swear, last night I had a loss of words as I was trying to explain stitches. Jumbled words are just not what you want to hear from someone instructing you. It must have been lack of food because my brain just didn't work. I should have apologized, however I did offer private help if needed. Duh!

They are such a great class and are very enthusiastic. Next week will be fun!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Pat I sure wish I could be a fly on the wall in your class...I so need and want to learn how to cq the right way. The instruction books look full of wonderful information.
    Can I ask you how do you start...I know it's silly but the way I learned in the 80"s you lay the fabric down and pin it..so you are working on a block chock full of pins and your constantly getting poked and bleeding....or do you sew the picecs on a sewing machine first....any advise would be so much help......BIG THANKS!!

    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh inmy haste I forgot to mention that they all look like they are having fun. Next weeks class sounds interesting. I'm sure your brain will work just fine....we all have off days...perhaps some chocolate will help...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doncha just hate it when the words refuse to come out!!! After spending a lifetime of teaching and training more people than I care to number, I can't begin to tell you how many times that happened to me.

    BUT, that said, what always saved me was my trusty flip-chart pads!!!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat...your class looks wonderful and everyone looks like they are having a great time!

    Don't let that confidence crumble Pat! You did the right thing holding onto that beautiful box and by being thoughtful and sending her outfits/toys with a nice card. You are far too talented, make such beautiful heart art, teach and share what you know...to allow her to bust your confidence. What you do and share is a gift that we all treasure!!!

    Hugs friend...~Lisa ;-)

    P.S. I love the early morning light picture...thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all you guys look happy while working... :) i always love needlecraft and handicraft.. it used to me my life... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!