Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tag sale finds....Marathon projects

Friday I stopped at a tag sale. The people having it own an Antique shop and decided to liquidate so every week they will bring a truck load of items and restock their tables. I found a beautiful pair of green depression glass perfect condition candle sticks @ $1.00, a lamp with metal work that lights up on bottom and top @ $4.00,a small porcelain figurine of an Edwardian couple @ $1.00, and two needlepoint photos of a man and woman @ $2.00. I spent a whole $8.00!!!!!


Last month I bought a few image sheets from Gail and I decided to use them for large and small pouches. I love her altered images.

I am going to do a project marathon.......I gathered fabrics and laces to coordinate with each image. I want them to be dripping with dyed laces and have a vintage look. Two weeks until the show ans I have so many ideas I want to bring to life. I can only do so much, and will not fret about it.

Here we have Turquoise~~~~~~~~~

Pale Teal~~~~~~~~
PeachyPink~~~~~~~
Cream~~~~~
and Blue (this image from a CD on eBay)

This should be fun! Have a great evening and a sunny tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Pat, I can not wait to see these finished!!! The colors are all so scrumptious with the images. You know I love your work!
    hugs
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good day, Pat!
    I love the lamp. Like Gail, I can't wait to see your finished projects; I can't even begin to decide which colorway I like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,

    I "third" it:c}, please be sure to share with us the results of your greative ideas, and beautiful fabrics, laces and small treasures!!

    Pattie :c}
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,
    Didn't you get some bargains I love the lamp, very unusual.
    What is the show that you are making all these goodies for ?
    I wish I was closer, as I'm sure I'd take home some of them.
    Larna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you are doing. Your combinations are yummy. Please share the finished projects. I'm sure you will be the best of show!!! PS. I love the candle sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamp is beautiful!
    What a bargain!!!
    Have fun with your project marathon.
    I love the turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, your color sense is amazing. You absolutely pull colors, textures and embellishments together in such a beautiful assemblage.

    Gee...I wish I lived near you! What a sale you went to! GREAT finds!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ~ what a Great deal!!!! That lamp is unreal. The colors are all so beautiful ~ the last one makes me feel like I am at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS COMMENT IS MENT FOR THE POST WRITTEN BY ANGELL it wouldn't let me post there ~
    This is so cute I can't stand it! Teddi and Angell are so much alike! I like to say Teddi is just very muscular which we know weighs more than fat! He is proud of all 14 pounds ~ hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds!! Love your project-athon choices. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a haul! Doesn't it make you feel all giddy to get home with all that great stuff... Love your project outlines.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!