Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ramblings

Our beach walk was very refreshing. There were many people strolling the shore. I'm sure they felt the need to visit a relaxing place after our rains finally ceased just as I did. I found a few mermaid's tears,one Crinoid,and one shell, but was mainly there for the calming atmosphere.

Part of the parking lot at the main entrance to the Dunes fell in to reveal a 10 foot deep hole of water. The sand just eroded with the huge amount of rain. Thank goodness no one was parked there at the time.

I walked around to see what flowers were holding on. I found these late bloomers climbing the entrance arch. I've never had this color of morning glories before. Next year I will plant them with the blue and white ones.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my fairy roses in bloom for the third time this year. I love the tiny blooms nestled among the ivy.

I made up a few beaded dragonfly kits for the show in case someone is interested and want to start embellishing without having to go purchase strings of special beads. I'm going to make up some crystal spider kits and tuck in the story of good luck.
I took mom to the Optometrist today and finished adding a clasp to an eyeglass case and started embellishing another. I also posted new dolls on the Comfort Doll site a few minutes ago and will find homes this week for two more dozen. Then I must!!!!!! must!!!! must!!! update my website.

I will post projects soon......have a great evening.

3 comments:

  1. Love those dragonflies!!!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty dragonflies! I've been seeing dragonflies everywhere... must be a resurgence. Is it Lalique's birthday or something?

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I always love hearing from the 'master'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,
    Just wanted to let you know I just nominated you for the I love you blog award.

    I think the dragonfly kits are a great idea. Good luck at the show. I'm off to see the comfort dolls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!