Thursday, September 25, 2008

Making progress

I cannot believe we had another beautiful day. I cleaned house,dyed green ribbons and gathered my projects to take to the porch and stitch. I finished embellishing the violet purse. Now to figure out how I want to turn it into a purse. Beads? no beads? Fringe, lace? I don't know.....I'll have to think on that while I sew up the sides and add the clasp of the peach eyeglass case.

I took a little break when Ellen phoned and sat with a cold glass of fresh apple cider! That was so refreshing. I reluctantly didn't add the caramel or whip cream. I just imagined it was there :-)
I wish I was caught up so I could go play in Ellen's dye studio. I was tempted, but it was my slacking all summer that got me into this pinch. Perhaps if I work until Grey's Anatomy comes on tonight, I can slip off tomorrow for an hour or two. We'll see.

As soon as I fix a quick fish dinner for DH, I will finish these two items today. I have to keep an eye on Angell too, it seems she has learned to type. I found a few Chihuahua hairs on my laptop.....hmmmmm.
Ok...gotta go.........

7 comments:

  1. My mom and I just had a lovely weekend of classes from Ellen in Fargo ND. It was wonderful to see her quilts in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, love the vioilets they have turned our great. I can see dark violet crystal beads.....just a thought, maybe beaded handle.
    Larna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, Pat. Your comments about Benton Harbor brought back memories of walking the beach there with friends searching for crinoids but we called them sea lilies....fun times! We just got back from NH and had fun seeing fall color...and a visit to Keepsake Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat,

    Must be something about Chihuahuas. Charli is always trying to talk LW into letting him play with the mouse!! And Rubi loves making the smiling faces for me!! :c}

    Pattie :c}
    Mazatlan Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angell you must be more careful. Love you, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat I love the colors in your glass case. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking is all I can say!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!