Monday, September 29, 2008

I've got sunshine......on a cloudy day........... longish post

My son came home Saturday to get his car emission's test but he had a lot of work to do so it was just a half day visit...much too short, and leaving me sort of blue. I was in the mood to chat, and he really didn't have time so I left him alone. In my mind, "Cats in the cradle" was playing and I felt melancholy and tearful.

.....Well, he came home from college just the other day
So much like a man I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head and said with a smile
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later, can I have them please?"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

It is weird how songs pop up in your mind unexpectedly. Could be the hormones........ It was nice to see him, even for a couple hours.


This morning it was cloudy and cold and I had to run to the grocery store so I thought I would gather some fresh fruit and surprise Ellen with a visit. Since Ellen is all about color, I chose an orange minneloa, pink and yellow Gala apple , a green granny smith apple, green seedless grapes, brown Kiwi,and a purple plum. In the floral area they had pretty frosted plastic gift bags with tissue already arranged, so I grabbed one and on my way out I tossed in our local paper. Since we were having a gloomy rainy day, I told her it was a bag of sunshine :-). It is fun to surprise a friend isn't it?

Ellen showed me her latest work and as usual, it was breath taking. She was adding beautiful flowers to another piece, and stopped to show me how to make them. She made one petal and had me do the other two. I left the black space to add a beaded bug...of course.I wanted to run home and start up the sewing machine, but I just have too much to do right now. It was a pleasant visit, as always. Ellen can brighten any gray day as some of you already know.

After arriving home I opened the mailbox and packages actually fell out. WOW! Fun things awaited me.
First, there was a package from Jan Bartlett containing five Comfort dolls and a beautiful embroidered bookmark. THANK YOU JAN!!!! SO sweet.
Next, a package from Sandi Mannen, aka Ivory Ann who tends to spoil me each year. The wonderful scent escaped and filled the kitchen instantly. Oh what was it???? Yum! It was Burt's Bees products...oh how I love Burt's Bees!!!!
The combination of the peppermint shower soap and the citrus spice exfoliating soap is a delicious! The honey lip balm is something I needed...just in time for cold weather...I am ready! Thanks Ivory Ann!!!! Tied with a beautiful rainbow ribbon was a stash package.....oh my! Beautiful burnout velvet in purple and green...my colors!!! (Sorry, bad photo)Along with that was a beautiful vintage silky, a crocheted doily...to dye, green and pale purple beaded trim...for my purse,and two skeins of beautiful silk threads....my first Judith Baker Montano threads!!!!!!!!!! Too exciting! That isn't all....a very beautiful,delicate silver and mother of pearl pendant with a purple crystal in the center surrounded by four lime green ones.

I have it on right now. It is just beautiful. Tomorrow mom is taking me to see "The Women" and I will be wearing it. The card enclosed looks just like me...whoops! I mean in my dreams that is..... Goddess of the Garden.....beautiful! I can't figure out how Ivory Ann can select items that are exactly what I would choose. She has an uncanny talent, especially since we haven't met in person. Thank you Ivory Ann. You really are way too generous to me. I love everything and can't wait to use the soap...tonight! Big hugs!!!!!!


There was another package that excited me, but will bore most people. I ordered round wooden clothespins .......why you may ask????? See next post!

1 comment:

  1. You deserve every special gift Birthday Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!