Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vintage toys to share

I thought I would share a few of my vintage treasures....these items are displayed in front of the window at the end of the upstairs hall. I am sure my son never appreciated them being near his room. Especially since they are "girly" things. Please, excuse any dust...it is part of the vintage display :-)

A cute filled with bingo chips from a 100 yr old ladies tag sale.
A painted tin chick reproduction mom gave me one Easter.


Tiny tea sets I collect.
Vintage story books with yellowed pages.
My big old sawdust stuffed Teddy bear I found in the attic of an antique shop in West Virginia.The patchwork Teddy my mother in law made from one of her old quilts.My wicker sleigh filled with more books and dolls.
A cloth doll made with human hair was a gift from one of my son's mothers several years ago. Ok...I'm going to the porch!! Really I am!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read your comment, please excuse any dust it is part of the vintage display, LOL! Dusting, one of my least favorite chores! I love your stitching, it's beautiful, thanks for sharing your pretties~
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't see me smiling from there, but I have the biggest grin on my face after seeing your treasures!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house must be just like living in a Victorian home. =) I love all the little goodies you showed, but especially the little tin with the red chips in it. =)

    Your dad's little shoes are just perfect. What a lovely thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..."vintage" dust? That's a good one, Pat! I like that! Good excuse. Besides, it might be valuable. You know how those twins on the Antiques Road Show keep telling us not to clean things because it devalues them! ;-)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE your vintage treasures Pat...they are wonderful! There is something so special about vintage/antique toys, books, teddy bears, and dolls! They have such character and charm! I love the tea sets too...wish I still had mine! Do you remember that picture you did of me sitting at the table having a tea party with the panda bear at my nana and papa's house? You might be seeing that one in one of my BJP pages this year! ;-)

    I am fortunate though to still have my very worn and loved little teddy bear (missing one eye) and my grandpa's worn monkey and a few of my mom's story books too.

    Treasures these all are and I'm glad you shared with us!

    ~Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!