Thursday, August 14, 2008

Traffic directors.......in the country

I guess when you live in the country you can expect anything. These two fellas were directing traffic this morning on my way to the beach. They are huge turkeys! I had to get a picture of them. This is the second time I have seen them. I think I will call them Joe and Moe. I hope they leave before Thanksgiving comes around :-0 !!!!!!!

He is saying,"GO".

Now he said ,"STOP".

It looked like it was going to rain this morning but I had to go to the post office so I stopped at the beach for a quick walk. It was another great day for glass. Not as bountiful as the last,but better than most.I also found a couple shells,pretty blue crock shard,and a heart shaped rock.

I have to admit, I am glad I don't find tons of glass every time I go. Just like with everything in life, if you continually get what you want, it would get old fast,and be terribly boring with nothing to look forward to. Don't you think?

The excitement isn't actually getting the glass,it is the process of hunting for it. Pretty much like crazy quilting. I don't really want to have the item I make, I just enjoy making it,so that keeps me inspired.

I wanted to thank you all for such nice comments on my blog face lift. Gail did a fabulous job.I really am pleased with it.
Looks like no rain,just overcast. I guess I am off to the porch swing to stitch!
I hope your day is sunny and creative!

7 comments:

  1. I live just on the edge of the city and we always seem to have a flock of turkeys wantering through our yard. If they did not make such a mess I would not mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Pat, you grow LARGE turkeys out your way. I've never seen any this large, but we did see a whole family of sandhill cranes strolling down the street near my cousin's house in FLA a couple of years ago. It seems odd to see wildlife where you least expect it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 AM CDT

    like the new look Pat.
    We do not have roaming turkeys, we have wild peacocks.
    The banner is lovely and you display it well.
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:45 PM CDT

    Love the new look, Pat. What do the turkeys eat around there anyway????? They are HUGE! We have them here but they are no where near THAT big! Debbie (Maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your turkeys!! I looked all over for the email from you stating what color of birdie...think I can find it??? NO. I have the pincushion made for your shoe. I'll paint the nest on tonight. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you; I enjoy the process of creating, not actually having the item when it's done. (This is why I join a lot of swaps!) LOVE your new banner. Gail is so talented! We also have a lot of turkeys around here, but also turkey vultures, which are really gross looking!

    Mmmmm....turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this just cracks me up!(the birds) Pat don't you LOVE when you get a heart shaped piece! Speaking of heart shapes ~ I am going to email you a pic. You have to have a sense of humor and love your dog to appreciate it ~ which we both do ~ so look for it in your email.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!