Friday, August 22, 2008

Taking it easy

I am just taking it easy,nothing exciting going on. A few more blooms to wrap up the season. The Canna,

Hibiscus in pink...........and white,

turtle head still opening,

and "pod people" plant in full bloom... still treating me to color as I stitch in the garden.I fight off bees and untangle from the spider webs, but once I get seated, all is well and peace surrounds me. I must take in the sights and sounds of the garden while I can. Soon, it will just be another memory for 6 months or more.

I moved my Adirondack chairs to the south side of the house where I never sit. I think it looks inviting and will lure me to take a load off and sip pink lemonade. If you are in the neighborhood....there is a chair for you too. They look hard, but they are oh so comfy!

Today I committed to teaching crazy quilt classes at the Art Center in October and November. I knew if I prolonged it any longer, I would change my mind.

We just returned home from seeing "Mirrors". It was loud and full of action. A bit gory at times, but I closed my eyes. I enjoy scary movies because mom influenced me growing up. She loved them and I was always beside her,so....the rest is history. I didn't like the ending though. Lips sealed!

The sunset this evening was so pink. I wish I had been watching it from the lake. Just gorgeous. Tomorrow will be in the 90's and humid, so I will be floating most of the day. I really need to finish these two purses so I can begin small projects. I wish they sold more hours in a day!
Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. I'd take your class, Pat, if I lived nearby! :-)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love that you take yourself and your stitching outside...me too! Have to eat up the fresh air, bird watching, listening to the water, and stitch...while I can! It will be raining here in no time and getting cold. I wish we were closer, I'd love to take a seat in your extra Adirondack chair and hang out...stitch, talk, and enjoy.

    We are fighting off bees and untangling from spider webs too! They must know fall is approaching and need to enjoy the last that summer has to offer too!

    Great decision Pat! You will do a beautiful job teaching CQ classes at the Art Center! They have your name written all over it! If I lived near, I'd be there and take a class with you too! And, how I wish they sold more hours in a day...I could use them!!!

    Enjoy the last minutes of summer and the change into fall!

    ~Hugs...Lisa ;-)

    P.S. Your Canna and Hibiscus are beautiful! I'm unfamiliar with the turtle head and pod people but they look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too lovely!!! And congrats on the class, I am sure your students will be lucky to have you as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share a love of crazy quilting. I took a class in the 1990s and made many projects I have about my house with this type needlework. We also share a love of the outdoors. I spend much of my time now in the gardens.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! May I come and sit with you in your chairs!?! It looks so inviting. I got the most wonderful package in the mail today. Oh my gosh!!! SOOO many beautiful Ribbons!!!! and the Mermaid Tears, Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! The Fob already has my scissor on it! I will treasure it forever. Thank you dear friend!! Please visit my blog, there is an award awaiting you. Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!