Monday, August 04, 2008

Rainy day dyeing

This morning I took off to run errands before the anticipated heat arrived. However, I was surprised to run in to a bad lightening storm. The rain poured down so hard that semi trucks were pulled to the side of the road. I could barely see. It only lasted about 15 minutes, but it was frightening. The lightening just went right through the car,so bright. Not a great start to my day. I quickly finished my errands and headed home where I decided since it was a cloudy day, it was a perfect dye day. Out came the dyes...again. Here are some of my results.


They haven't been pressed yet,but I think they are beautiful colors. I achieved one of a kind colors from mixing this into that and not knowing what colors they would create.I seem to go for the "muddy" colors, they give my work a vintage look. I like those results much better. Very unique. The only problem is, I want to keep them all :-).

It is still cloudy,but I am very relaxed now and off to clean my dye mess up before DH arrives home.
I hope you are having a colorful day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Pat, your colors look all so greet!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol , I meant "great"!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Pat. I'm glad you did something soothing after your scary drive. Those Midwest storms are something else even without the lightning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors! Glad you got to spend the day doing just what you wanted after driving in the storm. It didn't sound like a great way to start your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dye job, Pat!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  6. They ARE beautiful Pat! :-) Sorry about the rain storm, we have had a lot of those too. I need to get out in the yard and pick up limbs, but it is just too freaking hot here to do that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO! They're beautiful, Pat! Already they look antique-like!
    Messy work but what gorgeous results!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply luscious colors...you are so productive!
    Your tribute to your dad made me cry....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful muted colors Pat! I'm glad you got out of the weather and headed home. Sounds like you picked the perfect thing to do on a day like that!

    ~Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you made it home safe and sound. Your ribbons are lovely, you sure mixed the colors well. They have the look of Batik (which I love).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. What inspiration just to have them hanging around! They look great! Love seeing them lined up like that, picture after picture. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!