Saturday, August 02, 2008

In Memory of my Dad...a personal tribute to my dad

August 2, 2001 my father lost his short battle with cancer. Seven years and it still feels like yesterday to me. If you are fortunate to have your father, take time to let him know he is loved while you still can.


If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
id walk right up to heaven and bring you home again

If being brave would bring you back and rewind seven years
I would face my insecurities and all of my fears
and take a step backward to where we once were
so I can let you know no matter how long the time
I will always be your girl

Missing your beautiful blue eyes , your gentle voice and your caring way.

6 comments:

  1. 7 years isn't long enough to dim the pain of loss. Thanks for the little thought and poem about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 PM CDT

    Pat, you were in my thoughts and prayers today. I lit a candle for you to have a peaceful day. Debbie (Maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have a memorial on my blog for my father also, as this year is the 64th anniversary of his passing.
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful log on a beautiful blog, we duch bloggers were advised to take a look here.I'll be back!!!yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to your dad Pat! I, too, know this ache. I lost my mom on January 18, 2001, and it still seems like yesterday. I like to believe that your dad knows how you feel!

    Hugs...~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post make me feel like.... don't know how I feel, because I'm crying now.
    Be sure, i'm going to do what you say before cannot do it.
    Thanks for your post. Thanks for make me feel I love my parents a lot.
    Kisses
    Mila

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!