Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Voting begins.....


WOW! 33 entries, and all lovely and inspiring. I have to say this was a really fun challenge and I so enjoyed working with the image Gail provided.

Voting has begun and you can go to view all the entries and vote. If you are uncomfortable to leave your vote on the site, you may send your vote directly to Gail. I would appreciate your vote, but I know it will be hard when you see them all. Go with your heart and choose what speaks to you. I enjoyed the journey, and that is what this project was about.

We are supposed to describe our project, so about my "Remembrance box" ......

My beautiful niece who lives in Hawaii had a baby girl two weeks ago and I decided the image of the pretty little girl and the prompt word,"Remembrance" would be perfect for a special box to add little treasures from her new daughter, a" Remembrance box".

I crazy pieced around the printed cloth image using fancy fabrics in the same colors that are in the print, pale pink and light lime green. Then I layered hand dyed cheesecloth in the same tones along with a few vintage laces and dyed lace around the center and along corners.

I kept the vintage look from the image and used a lace glove,vintage mother of pearl buttons,silk ribbon embroidery,beads,and a porcelain set of butterfly wings to embellish the cover.

I then chose a large cigar box with a nice button clasp and painted it pink pearl then covered the sides with the dyed cheesecloth to blend with the front.

I padded the top of the box and added my finished piece. I happened to have a beaded and pom pom trim in the same colors and it looked like something for a little girl,so around the box it went.

The inside was covered with paper which looks like vintage lace with writings of memories , hopes and dreams. The other side has definitions of various words such as ,"treasure", "Hope", "Giggle". I then placed a pale pink vellum paper over them and trimmed out the corners in a lacy floral trim.

The box measures 10 1/2"x 8 1/2".
I hope you enjoyed the making of my project. Thanks for a fun challenge Gail.
Ok everyone, it doesn't have to be for me, but GO VOTE!!!! Or..... email your vote to following address.... shabby@lgschmidt.net

13 comments:

  1. Pat this is amazing! You know I just love love LOVE the glove you added! I feel like it just gives it such a vintage "remember" touch to me, almost like remembering a special occasion that the gloves were worn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM CDT

    Pat, love your memory box. Everything is perfect together, my favorite being the glove, and of course the meaning behind the project. Very nice! Debbie (Maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, this is fantastic. You do such beautiful work and you turn it out so quickly! I am continually amazed. (And you got my vote even though every entry was a beauty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat!
    Your box is just beautiful and the little girl it's going to will treasure it always! Just lovely!
    xoxo~
    Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Wonderfully done and a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, I saw it first on Gail's blog and I just had to come and visit your blog.

    You already have my vote and after seeing more here I would give you 10 votes if Gail would let me LOL

    ((((hugs))))
    kim aka imagesbykim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat, The work you did on this project is beautiful. I love looking at all the projects and what each one of us did with it. I'm so glad Gail put this together, it just gets our minds going with ideas.
    Have a great day,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat this is a piece of heaven! In the first photo~ Look to the right of the picture of the girl.It looks like a angel is hidden in the fabric. Do you see what I mean? 2 eyes, puckered lips with a wisp of hair to the left!
    I am going to vote right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, this is another beautiful piece and will be cherished for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This box is so pretty and I love the vintage feel to it. The fabric and flowers are fabulous. I love that little pom pom trim...it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your box! I collect cigar boxes when I can (yeah, a lot are in storage!) and this is a wonderful use for them. Your CQ, as always, is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your art work very much !!!
    Rini - the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!