Monday, June 23, 2008

Teaser........and great news.

Yesterday I made a purse. I thought I would try a technique for CQMag. I didn't really know I was going to make a purse. I was just organizing my fabrics because I found two great storage units at a tag sale Friday on my way to the beach. My favorite is a wire mesh five drawer unit. I filled it with green and purple fabrics because I have the most of those colors and they were squished in the plastic bins. Anyway...a purse just happened! Here is a peek or two. You will have to wait until the next issue of CQMag to see the process....... ;-}

A hint~~~it is stitch less....

I need to bead a handle and it will be finished and added to the October show sale items. I really need to get busy on that.

I also wanted to share the news about the Comfort Doll Project. We have currently sent out 25 dozen in the first year!!!!!! How cool is that? Thanks to all who contributed.

Tomorrow I will be mowing and all that fun stuff. Perhaps I may get to catch up on my email too. I hope you have a day of creativity!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pat,

    Could you explain a little more about the CQMag please? Your purse looks very interestin!
    Congratulations on your Comfort Doll project! Those are impressive statistics and must make you feel really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my last (boo-hoo) issue of Belle Armoire and I saw your "oriental tote". Congrats on another beautiful cq purse being recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good to reorganize and it sounds like you found two treasures!

    The peek is wonderful! Love all the flowers! Stitch less...hmmmm! It will be beautiful with a beaded handle.

    Congratulations on 25 dozen...wow!!!
    That is amazing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!