Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My" Arte Y Pico Award" from Linda Walsh


I finished the house cleaning,mowing,and weeding of the garden and decided to rest with a cold glass of crystal lite. Whew! What a busy morning.
I just turned on my laptop and am sitting here on my porch swing reading email, when I opened a message from Linda Walsh, the blog queen ,who has to be the most energetic woman alive and an inspiration to me and countless others. This message and award was quite an honor and boost I needed. So, back at ya Linda!!!!

Come to find, Linda has awarded me with the Arte Y Pico Award. The "Arte y Pico" award was created and to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing, artwork in all media's. When you receive this award it is considered a "special honor". Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to at least 5 others.Linda wrote these tremendously flattering words about me which of course I'm going to share:

Pat Winter of Gatherings blog and Pat Winter's Gatherings website. Pat is truly a beautiful, compassionate, gifted artist with a beautiful soul. She started "The Comfort Doll Project" out of a concern for battered women and spends countless hours gathering and shipping "comfort dolls" to women's shelters all over the world. She is also a gifted artist who just published her 1st "self-published book" entitled Pat Winter Gatherings - My Crazy Quilting Journey. Pat is an inspiration to all she encounters.

Thank you Linda,I'm very honored to receive this award from you.

Now I must choose five:There are so many I visit and am inspired by so I will choose the five I have recently been inspired by because I would surely go way beyond my limit of five otherwise.

Marjorie Holme is such an inspiration for anyone loving needlework. She blogs about so many areas of needlework and shares history, current projects,stash finds,and is keeps her blog updated and always of interest. I also had the privilege of meeting Marjorie, and she is indeed a breath of fresh air.I also love the idea that Marjorie wears pretty hats, and pulls it off wonderfully. I love that!

Lilla Levine has held a place upon a golden pedestal even before I actually knew her. I saw her page on art-e-zine years ago when a friend sent her link to me. The frilly and feminine touch she has is something inspiring to me and I can relate to it. Lilla often travels to her homeland , New Zealand and always shares her journey with us. She is a prolific artist and I know she cannot possibly sleep more than an hour a night.On top of all that, she lives in beautiful Hawaii and I am so jealous of her :-)

Pam Kellogg is an inspiration to me for several reasons. Pam not only keeps her fingers busy creating gorgeous crazy quilt items and cross stitch designs, but she has been a Comfort Doll donor since the beginning and has donated many of her intricately embellished crazy quilt cats dolls and she has included her mother her has made so many sweet bears too. Pam shares freebies often and is always there to answer a question or give advice. Super lady !

Monica Magness always has 100 things going on in her creative life which she generously shares with us. She recently finished an amazing project for breast cancer research and allowed many artists to contribute. "Love Squared" will be auctioned off soon. To me personally, it was a huge privilege to be a part of the Pink Project. Monica is a non stop energy that can't help but inspire and lift the spirits of all who is fortunate to meet her.

Teri Dusenbury tats so much that it makes my fingers hurt. I am not a tatter, I tried,and failed. Well, I gave up. I will try again one day I am sure. However, Teri tats,and tats, and tats while sharing her life happenings with us. She inspires me to be more prolific in my work. Every time I visit her blog there are many new projects to drool over. Teri is a really sweet gal who is just fun to be around....even if just through blogging.

I could go on and on, but if you just click on my sidebar to any of the names, you will see I have an endless collection of creative and inspiring people who keep me smiling. You all deserve awards in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, My! Pat, I'm so flattered that you selected me for this award. It's late on Friday and my first chance to take a gander at what everyone's been doing this week, so you award to me is a real boost! Thank you so much! Marjorie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!