Thursday, June 19, 2008

I have to share something very special

The other day a package arrived from Sammy Stafney. Sammy found herself trimming back on items collected ,a as we all must do once in a while. In doing so, she donated some gorgeous dolls to the Comfort Doll project. A Baker's dozen to be exact! This makes up the 24th dozen, and with the other dolls I have and the ones I am making, we will have reached 25 dozen on the first year anniversary of the Comfort Doll Project. That blows my mind and knocks my socks off! The dolls will be on the CD blog later today. Along with the huge doll donation, Sammy sent me something so awesome that it made me tear up when I opened it. I lifted the shiny red lid of the long box and gasped. This is what lay inside~~~~~~~~~
Is this not the coolest beaded bracelet ever? To me it represents the many women we are sending a caring message and love to in the form of a doll ,and the artists who come together to create and donate the dolls. A sisterhood with a bond unbreakable and growing stronger daily.

Arm in arm,making the world a happier place,creating,sharing,and spreading love. Sammy does all of these things so very well, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do. This bracelet and your friendship are treasures.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart Sammi must be. And that bracelet is incredible! And congrats to you for such a successful project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bracelet is a real treasure; but then it's for a very special person who has put a lot of energy into a great and worthwhile project! Sammi must be a very generous person and "right on" with her recognition of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...we are all holding hands and are a sisterhood in this beautiful project!!!

    What a treat Pat and congratulations! 25 dozen in one year...that is 300 dolls sent out across the U.S. to people that could use some love, support, and hope from someone that is thinking of them.

    Sammy's work is beautiful! I've been a lurker for awhile, (I hate the word lurker), but she has inspired my well many times before! The bracelet reminds me of all hearts (sisterhood) that hold hands and sends love to other's in need!

    And, the bond will grow even stronger!!!

    Hugs...~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable design from Sammy to a very deserving recipient!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!