Friday, June 06, 2008

Finished already! Birth of an Inner Child doll.

The storm was short lived, but there is a chance for more moving though our area, so I am taking this opportunity to blog the birth of "Patty", the Inner Child I am giving a way to celebrate my third year of blogging (Last post). Here she is............step by step!

First I bead around the face.
I then embellish around the fused words and shapes using beads and stitching.
Then I just randomly add beads,sequins, etc.

I lay the front on the back fabric, wrong sides together and begin closing the doll using the blanket stitch as I roll the backing fabric around to the front.
I continue this until I am two thirds around and then I add fresh lavender buds.
Then finish sewing it together. Add hands, shoes or feet,and any charms and flowers you wish.
That's all folks!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute, Pat! Love the purse and shoes! Glad you escaped the storm unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pat, this is so darn cute! I love it! Thanks for the tutorial too and my mind played your note, "that's all folks" just as Elmer Fudd would have said it. lol
    xo, Monica :)

    p.s. can't wait to read your thank you note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi pat
    what a sweetheart!!
    and thanks for sharing your 'tute' with us
    enjoy your day
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx a million for all the pictures. It is an inspiration for me!! I feel like i'm behind in the doll making process; however, I continue to gather supplies and hope to have a great outcome this Summer!!!

    I sure wish I had a better hand with faces. Mine aren't great. I continue to work on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is a super girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the idea of the "inner child" doll. What a sweet endeavor...and therapeutic, too. You take good care of that doll now, ya hear? LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I just adore your Inner Child dolls and they're even more precious in person! Everyone is always admiring mine. This one is way cool, too. DRAT! Too bad I'm not a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little doll is adorable. Where do you get such a sweet little face?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!