Thursday, April 03, 2008

Love squared is finished and ready to go! WOW!!!!

It started with an invitation from Monica Magness to make a fabric square or two for the Pink Artist Project. I made three crazy quilted squares and sent them off to join many others in this project to raise money for the Susan G Koman for the cure.Being a woman,a daughter,wife,grand daughter,a sister,mother,aunt, and friend, I know how important it is to fund breast cancer research. I have seen it touch lives as if they were fallen dominoes. None of us know who or when it will strike next. This is why fund raising is so very important. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be a part of funding the research that discovers the cure?

Her name is "Love Squared."
She wears 180 two inch art squares.
182 artists total created her.

She is just under 40" tall

and weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces.

She smiles because already she knows love
and is able to give love unconditionally.

To many, she is a symbol of hope.

She stands for COURAGE and was built
by a community of givers. I am so honored to be among the 182 artists who went right to work when a friend called for help. I know first hand how Monica felt as each square arrived, her heart swelling with appreciation,her eyes filling with tears knowing the love pouring in from giving souls and loving hearts. I am so proud of Monica for taking this on,it is a huge task,and could be a bit overwhelming I know. I also know she never thought for a moment of giving up. She saw this through,she built this beautiful doll and soon it will be on it's way for the world to see.

You can see the process,every square,and many heartfelt comments here.Please take a look won't you?

The doll will be shared with the readers of Art Doll Quarterly. That will hopefully bring even more support for breast Cancer awareness. What a beautiful creation Monica. Thank you all from my grandmother,and all who are looking down smiling upon us all.

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous project, one that touches my heart as a survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I too am a breast cancer survivor. This project is so heartfelt and beautiful in so many ways. Thank you for posting pictures of it. It's amazing!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly beautiful, your other pieces of artwork very beautiful, I see a lot of love & caring hands in your creative spirit.

    Thanks to for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!