Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dragonfly tote finished

Boy is my right index finger sore from hand sewing suede! I do love how suede is self healing though and the seams always look so neat. A little hard on the fingers,worth it. I didn't want to take a chance on broken needles or a jammed machine.I'm not sorry about my fabric choice, in person it blends so well with my jacket and the felting. It has a nice weight and I know it can be trusted with treasures. The felted design fit perfectly on the front,no worries.

Since I made this to carry to the International Quilt Show next week (excited yelp)I decided to cover a store bought blank canvas tote with a wooden handle for strength. This was a first for me and I enjoyed it. Everything fell into place so nicely. I would do this again.

The tote offers nice wide sides so I can fill it with lots of goodies from the IQS. I remember last year making a mental note to bring a tote,not a purse. I added a pocket for my digital camera and an inside sleeve for my water bottle. IQS ......here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see, what is next????????????

6 comments:

  1. I'll bet you're going to have people following you around and asking where you got such a beautiful bag! Love it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat. I love Pinau, that is dragonfly in Hawaiian.
    They swoop down over the water here in abundance.
    Off to NZ so will be looking for what is new there, aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is terrific. Love the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Tote! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I was thinking about your dragonfly last night and realized s/he was ever so much bigger than I thought from the first several photos...of course, for a tote, it would need to be large, and that didn't occur to me until I saw it finished. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!