Tuesday, March 04, 2008

WW pouch finished....whew!!!!!!!!

Finally.....the Weight Watcher's pouch is finished.Just in time for tomorrows meeting. For not having a pattern, I think it went together pretty well. It is not off balance like my photo seems to show. If you are a crazy quilter than you know how the piecing can fool the eye in photos and make things appear what they are not.



I splurged and lined it with a pretty Brocade because it was just so cheerful and that is the whole meaning behind this pouch, encouragement and lifting spirits to help me along my journey to get to my "zone",which hopefully will be just in time for the pool opening......crossing fingers, toes, and eyes. I have enjoyed using bits of treasures from you,my friends, and I plan on more projects where I can incorporate the treasures you have sent me. It really makes the item so much more pleasing to me.
It is filled with all of my notes and guide books and a pretty purple pen from my friend Terri. (Thank you). I used large grommets for the chain for strength, those small books are heavy!

Now I am ready to play a bit more with my embellisher. I will show you what I am doing very soon.I almost added a piece to this pouch but decided to save it for one special project.
Yes it involves purple...I just can't get it out of my system at the moment........

11 comments:

  1. Oooo, everyone else in your WW group is going to want one! (How many calories do you burn by fending off admirers?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny. That is what my hubby said. However, I do not plan on taking orders for this. This is something I want to keep for myself,and although I enjoyed every stitch, I do not want to make another one anytime soon.

    I hope it's a lot of calories fending them off though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved following your progress with this project, Pat. It certainly turned out gorgeously -- but then I knew it would!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful finished purse. I love the lining you used. Job well done, and I hope you used up lots of calories while making it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Pat.I wish you good luck loosing some pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, as always. I especially like the graumets (sp?) for the strap.

    Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat, You take the cake when it comes to stitching. What wonderful magic you weave with everything you touch! I can't imagine how long it must take for you to finish a project. Bravo!
    Kate in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pat, such a beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your use of color and the textures are outstanding ! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too, Pat ! Best to you !
    Linda
    linsart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:33 PM CST

    What a fabulous bag-I bet everyone wants one-or that one-good job Pat--Hugs Leslie Kenreich

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!