Monday, March 31, 2008

New project in the works....



Well, I have been working on this for a few hours and it is taking shape but I have a lot more to do. Let's see the process shall we?


The first image is the embroidered part of my new jacket......





The next two images are gathered fabrics and fibers for....felting!!!!!

I began felting two sets of wings for a dragonfly (what else?) I used yarns for the veins in the wings.


I dug out a neat suede fabric I had intended for a purse one day but never got around to it. It happened to match my jacket perfectly.

I then chose a few beads and special vintage sequins from Tinsel Trading Co.

Then I fused the embellished felted wings to my tote fabric and I'm sewing on the dragonfly body using lightweight plastic design beads which couldn't have been a better match if I had planned it. Whew! No shopping for this project! Next I will finish the edges of the wings and assemble the tote! More tomorrow..............................

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 PM CDT

    Pat, anytime I see a dragonfly it takes my breath away. I love this and can"t wait to see it finished. Debbie (maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like a perfect accessory for the jacket...nice work and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this work Pat its fantastic !love from sesga xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh....gorgeous! Love the idea with the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so!!!! halleluja!!! to me??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pat... it's amazing. I adore dragonflies, this one is absolutely beautiful - I can hardly wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!