Saturday, February 09, 2008

Small seascape sample for class

Today I am finishing a small 9"x9" sample piece for a glass I am teaching in March. I thought I would offer three samples of seascapes for the students to choose from. This is the first, a smaller version of a crazy pieced background with a shell shape cut out."sea" fabric will be the insert where embellishing and encrusting will happen. This will give them an idea of piecing, embroidery,embellishing,and using "found" things which most crazy quilter's rely on. I am not finished, but wanted to share. I am off to gather tiny driftwood,fibers,bits of this and that to put together class packets. This is part of the fun of teaching!

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Pat. I should have asked you for suggestions on my mermaid piece. Congrats on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Pat. I'd love to peek at all of the little treasures you have stored up for embellishing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I just ordered your book and noticed decided to check out your blog for the first time. Then I noticed that your are in Indiana and I am neighoring Ohio. I then wondered if you ever offer and classes and then I saw this listing and believe it or not I am working on a fabric book "ladies of the sea" What a great fit. so I just must take your class. Can you please forward me info
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!